Display child list when new data added to a parent list

Dears,
I am working on a project where I am have a parent list joined to a few child lists; and I have displayed the list using a user menu. The parent has a 1-to-Many relation with the child.
When I click on the Add link on top of the parent list, I see fields from the parent table and all the child table to add data.
I instead want to see the child list and not the child form. i.e. The user must be able to Add each child and view the list there and then.

Thanks for your continued support.

~aD

Not sure what you mean. If you have multiple child lists, how would you know which one to display when the Add button is pressed?

-- hugh

Hello.
I am trying to to Add data to a parent table and it's corresponding child tables. And when a user starts adding data to the parent table, I want to show a child tables with their respective data, instead of a long form.

To provide an example, consider the following case:
* There is a parent table called "School_Interaction"
* With 2 Child tables
** Child Table # 1: Parents
** Child Table # 2: Students
And for 1 School Interaction row, there can be multiple Parents and multiple Students.

Now when I create an entry for the "School_Interaction" table, I currently see a long form (or multi-page form). I rather want it to look like in the attached image, i.e. when data is added to "School_Interaction" table, a page similar to the attached image comes up, instead of a long form.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks in advance for your support.

~aD

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 99
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back