Dropdown Element from single catagory

wshealy

I am new to fabrik. I am working on a performer scheduling app. I am selecting my performers from Joomla Contacts. I have a dropdown element that links to the contact table and list all contacts. However the system has contacts in other categories besides performers. I would like to limit the drop down to 2 categories; Performing Members and Guest Artists not Supporting Members or Audience. I would also like to allow the scheduler to add Guest Artist but not Performing Members, right now they can add a contact.

One more thought I also have a table of the Artist in Residence by week and would like be able to include the artist in residence from that table who probably isn't yet a contact.

Once I get this working I already see a post about showing different fields based on contact type. I already have all info for performing artist and another database of artist in residence but probably need to collect photo, bio etc for guest artist for example.

Right now I just need to start with categories.

Thanks
Wallace

a dropdown element that links to the contact table
I assume this is a databasejoin element? And your contact table has a column containing the category of the contact?
Add your conditions in the "Data - where" tab, something like
WHERE {thistable}.category IN ('Performing Members','Guest Artists')

I ended up with WHERE {thistable}.catid IN (11,18) which worked great. I did the Joomlashack class on fabrik but it was pretty introductory. Is there some more advanced training?

Thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back