:eek: MailChimp interest groups not getting updated anymore

JackGoa

As far as I can tell, this has been happening since around end of December.

I have a couple of sites updating MailChimp when a user submits a form on one of the sites. MailChimp would then start off automation based on the interests which the user indicates.

So I now basically have to go check daily and manually update the user interests in MailChimp for all these sites.

I only discovered this last week since we weren't getting the enquiries we were expecting. I then updated Fabrik, but seems that did not help.

I meticulously set these up on all these sites last year with instruction from Hugh and can confirm they were working fine for quite some time. Some or other update must have messed this up, or maybe the rules have changed on setting this up?

I've been ill for a very long time, so unfortunately, I cannot tell you exactly when this creeped in as I mostly just went through the motions updating groups of websites through the Joomla Update feature without paying much attention. I can just say it seems the entries with missing interests started around end of December.

Attached is a screenshot to show the format I am using to update the interests.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 285
I haven't used Merge fields in MC yet, so not sure what it's for. The tooltip says it's optional, so don't think it's that.

No changes that should have affected interest groups, and I have some Mailchimp forms still working fine.

Nope, the "mergefields" is optional, it's specifically for including named fields on a form you create in the Mailchimp dashboard. The "interest group" stuff is unchanged.

-- hugh

Sherbet, don't know what it could possibly be then.
I have about 5 sites with this setup and they all have the same problem.

So, delete Groups array and add Mergefields array?

Nope. Interest groups and mergefields are separate things.

If you've defined "fields" in a custom form in your Mailchimp dashboard, you can add those to your plugin in Fabrik. But leave the interest groups alone.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back