• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Email Plugin (List) Hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelis

I believe I have narrowed down all my recent issues with the List email plugin to this one.
It is only happening on the front-end as the back-end is working fine.
In the front-end the plugin performs to all the tab settings, it just when you click on the Send button the spinning wheel just keeps spinning.
When debugging, the Network tab it is displaying the following; POST https://camsjac.com//index.php 403

send @ jquery.min.js?558bb2…a42d278c1d2c79732:2
ajax @ jquery.min.js?558bb2…a42d278c1d2c79732:2
(anonymous) @ email-min.js:3
dispatch @ jquery.min.js?558bb2…a42d278c1d2c79732:2
v.handle @ jquery.min.js?558bb2…a42d278c1d2c79732:2

In the attached screenshot showing the jquery.mis.js script is underlined in a red squiggly line, is that highlighting the problem / issue?
Any assistance is really appreciated, as this is unchartered territory for me.

Steve

Attachments

• jqueryminjs.JPG
    jqueryminjs.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 70
The issue is coming down to access rights for a registered user.
When I make the menu and plugin open to non-registered users (public) the email is sent.
When the menu item is set to registered user (Steward) the email fails to send and the debug message is
POST https://camsjac.com//index.php 403 with further info in the attached file
Appreciate if anyone can confirm the Email List plugin is working on the front-end for registered users with J3.9.26 or higher and or if the error message is referring to an access issue or not.
Steve

Attachments

• POST error.JPG
    POST error.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 64
hi troester
I did disable the swmenufree module, and it reported the same error message as attached when clicking on Send.
It acting like it can't access the list for what every reason, as the List ID =1
Steve

Attachments

• Post Error A.JPG
    Post Error A.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 61
Would this be a Joomla or Fabrik - error reporting issue "Failed to Load Resource //index.php:1
This only occurs in the front-end for registered users only
The same List (ID #1) with the same List Email plugin settings works in the back-end for registered user (Super User) and in the front-end for non-registered users.
Thanks
Steve

No real idea.
Did it stop working in front-end also for Superuser?
Do you have a user related (list or menu) pre-filter or elements showing in the list depending on access levels (so some content related issue)?
Do you have e.g. Admintools which may prevent some access?

In the front-end, it isn't working for any registered user, including Superuser.
Make the Menu and the same List public, and the email sends
Change the Menu back to registered user, email doesn't send.
Has to be with access rights as all Fabrik access settings are public, just the menu setting is set to registered user.
Steve

Totally strange
Created a new menu item, and set to public, it sent an email
Then set the same menu's access level to registered, logged in as registered user and same error appeared.
Under "Sources" does the following Jquery assist
jquery.min.js?c008b5ed928ee143d35c9b56577891a9
return{send:function(r,i){var o,a=t.xhr(),s=++Qt;if(a.open(t.type,t.url,t.async,t.username,t.password),t.xhrFields)for(o in t.xhrFields)a[o]=t.xhrFields[o];for(o in
Steve

hi troester
Finally solved the mystery with the great man's help and it was down to access rights.
The problem was I had the default "home" menu item, "News" set to "Guest".
When Fabrik makes the AJAX call to send the email, as it isn't part of a defined menu item, it falls under the default home menu item.
Being logged in I am not a "Guest" therefore, it was denying me permission when trying to send the email.

Thanks again
Steve

Out of interest:
I had a quick look at the url in email.js (ajax and JS are not my favorite topics), at one point it's doing
... + self.options.additionalQS;

So does it help if you add
&Itemid=your-item-id
in your Fabrik list menu "extra querystring" settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back