Events Site: How hide past events?

marcelf

Hi Everybody,

I am doing an Events Site of my city and I need hide past events. I am using tabs and dropdown status element with past and future options.

So I need when the list is shown, the events with initial date before the current date automatically change from future to past in status element.

How can I solve this problem? Maybe a list plugin without button? Anyone already need something like this?

Thanks,
Marcel

If you want to show only current events (and showing past event on a different place) you can do this automatically without a status but with prefilters.
Either 2 menu items with prefilter < and >= current date
or with 2 lists on your events table with different prefilters.

If you want to use a status you can create a scheduled task running once a day and change the status of "old" entries.

Or yes a list php event plugin (doing this check on every list load)
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/php-events-list-plugin/

Hi,

Firstly, I tried to use php event plugin:
it changes values on the screen, but I need to change the status value of the record, and it didnt change anything with database, so it didnt work with list tabs (Future/Past).

Secondly, I tried to use 2 menu options with Pre-Filter:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...#show-all-records-created-in-the-last-6-hours
Element: start_date
Condition: greater than
Value: NOW()
Type: no quotes

Works fine, the easier way! I wondering if we take this forum with a hundred thousand threads and reorganize its topics: many simple applications could be done, just configuring fabrik.

Thanks again Troester,
Marcel

Attachments

• config-futuro-eventos.jpg
    config-futuro-eventos.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 59
  • site-de-eventos.jpg
    site-de-eventos.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 66
  • config-passado-eventos.jpg
    config-passado-eventos.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 83