• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Excited for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilentRed

Caaan do!
Hey everyone! I just wanted to chime in here. I just want to say thanks. I've been using Fabrik for some 8 years now and have taken more from the community than I've given. That is for sure. So thank you for everything. I'm excited to see this moving forward.

I know we need to get the project back on the map, I think that you'll get more attention and more helpers for Fabrik 4 if the search engine crawlers are allowed to index the forum again. Everytime I look something up, I'm reminded that I need to navigate directly to the site for answers. It's no big deal for me, but if we're trying to grow the community, we have to be discoverable. That's my only two cents and I'll humbly never mention it again because I know damn well that this ship is massive and opening discussion to everyone and their mother adds a helluva lot of noise. That's just the trade-off I suppose.

Anywho, I want to contribute more. I'm still on fabrik 3 for my main project. I imagine migrating will be... something. But once I'm there, I'm looking forward to being active again in the community - and hopefully in more of a giving way.

Cheers. And good luck to us all!

Many thanks for your positive and encouraging words, as well as for your submission on https://fabrik.help!

Can't say this often enough: the three developers who have put huge effort and so many hours of their free time into Fabrik 4, plus responding to testers and helping users -- they are the ones deserving all thanks for where we're at now.
The three need more knowledgeable people joining them in their endeavour to take it further, both in depth and over time, so Fabrik can keep up with the times. Logically, all depends on this.

So, everything else... very early stages. All input welcome -> to-do list -> prioritise -> step by step.
Not a rocket ship, focus is rather on the right direction and doing things well.

Again, thanks for your post here and submission there. Feel free to clone your site, upgrade to J!4 and Fabrik 4, then please test (including your own custom code and overrides) and give feedback here.

I'm very impressed by their work, as I have the beta4b-version running on my live site and exactly as good as on Joomla 3.10. Fabrik is very complex in addition, as most of us know by using it. It is a very complex Joomla extension and maybe the most complex of all. But very useful, when you master it. Happy that users of Joomla 4 can use it in future.

Has anyone attempted a migration? My project has 119 lists/forms. Everything from simple forms, to invoice generation to kpi reports to map displays. We use the hell out of fabrik. Any I don't know the first thing about migrating.

Here's what ChatGPT says about it EDITED AND REDACTED FOR BEING WRONG:

Here are the general steps you would take to migrate a Fabrik 3 site to Fabrik 4:

1. Backup your current site: Before you start the migration process, it's important to backup your entire website, including the database and all files. This will ensure that you have a copy of your site that you can restore in case something goes wrong during the migration process.

2. Upgrade Joomla: Fabrik 4 requires Joomla 3.9 or later, so you'll need to upgrade your Joomla installation to a compatible version before you can install Fabrik 4.

3. Uninstall Fabrik 3: Before you can install Fabrik 4, you'll need to uninstall the previous version of Fabrik. This can be done through the Joomla Extension Manager.

4. Install Fabrik 4: Once Fabrik 3 has been uninstalled, you can install Fabrik 4 by downloading the package from the Fabrik website and uploading it to your Joomla site using the Extension Manager.

5. Update your forms and lists: After installing Fabrik 4, you'll need to update your forms and lists to ensure that they work with the new version. This may involve making small changes to the forms and lists themselves, as well as updating any custom code that you've written to work with Fabrik 3.

6. Test your site: Once you've completed the migration, it's important to thoroughly test your site to make sure that everything is working correctly. This includes testing all forms, lists, and custom code to ensure that they are functioning as expected.

7. Go Live: Once you are satisfied that everything is working correctly, you can go live with your new Fabrik 4 site.
Note that Fabrik 4 may have some breaking changes from Fabrik 3, so it's recommended that you check the documentation and the release notes of Fabrik 4, to familiarize yourself with the changes.

Last edited:
Most stuff was not so wrong, but uninstalling would be very bad.
Deactivate all Fabrik3 before updating to J!4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back