• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Fabrik 4 beta2b does not work with Gantry5 Hydrogen template

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

It works alright with Cassiopeia, but if I enable Gantry5 Hydrogen template I cant access the menu item and the error message is: 0 Class "FText" not found
Otherwise Fabrik works as previously as it did för Joomla 3. I have it on a live site.

Last edited:
Front end testing templates were Cassiopeia and to a lesser extent Helix Ultimate. Admin testing template on Atum. At this time we do not want to get into any issues with other templates.
But anyway...
Enable Joomla's System Debug to get an error stack to see where this FText is used.

Is it a J!3/Fabrik3 upgrade? Do you have any outdated overrides in your Gantry Template?

BTW: Latest Fabrik4 is beta4b

Last edited:
Sorry its was beta4b. I followed the instructions and upgraded to Joomla 4.2.6 on PHP 8.1. Then I installed Fabrik 4 beta4b as instructed. Then it took some time to figure out that Cassiopeia should be tested and then my Fabrik self-tests worked including calculation and ajax. I have no overrides to Gantry5.

Here is eror report:

# Function Location
1 () JROOT/templates/g5_hydrogen/html/layouts/com_fabrik/element/fabrik-element-label.php:7
2 include() JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:128
3 Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->render() JROOT/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php:1792
4 PlgFabrik_Element->getLabel() JROOT/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php:2311
5 PlgFabrik_Element->preRender() JROOT/components/com_fabrik/models/form.php:4909
6 FabrikFEModelForm->getGroupView() JROOT/components/com_fabrik/views/form/view.base.php:178
7 FabrikViewFormBase->display() JROOT/components/com_fabrik/views/form/view.html.php:39
8 FabrikViewForm->display() JROOT/libraries/src/Cache/Controller/ViewController.php:102
9 Joomla\CMS\Cache\Controller\ViewController->get() JROOT/components/com_fabrik/controllers/form.php:198
10 FabrikControllerForm->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:672
11 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.php:200
12 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
13 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73
14 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:355
15 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:200
16 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:241
17 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:294
18 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/includes/app.php:61
19 require_once() JROOT/index.php:32

Last edited:
1 () JROOT/templates/g5_hydrogen/html/layouts/com_fabrik/element/fabrik-element-label.php:7
As I assumed: Obviously you have a Fabrik3 override in your Gantry template.

I removed all custom files for the Gantry5 template and I got the identical error. I dont think an override is causing this error.

Many thanks! You were right. There were no custom overides BUT I found these:
templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_fabrik
templates/g5_hydrogen/html/layouts/com_fabrik
I removed com_fabrik folders and then it WORKED again.

You say "no custom overrides". But maybe you added Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts overrides at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back