1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabrik element with Validate Hidden = No

Discussion in 'Community' started by flashitool, Jun 10, 2022.

1. flashitool

flashitool Member

Level: Community
    Hi,

When a Fabrik element has a validation set to Not empty with option Validate Hidden = No.
    The element is steel mandatory when is in a hidden group of elements.

Is there a way to make the element not mandatory when is in a hidden group of element ?

upload_2022-6-10_19-29-59.png
    Thank's a lot for your help.

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

How did you hide your group?
    upload_2022-6-10_23-6-39.png

"Validate Hidden"=no is not working if the group is set to "display, but hidden" in group settings.

3. flashitool

flashitool Member

I know that it is a stange usecase. The group is defined withe option "Yes, but 'hidden'
    upload_2022-6-13_9-55-0.png

4. troester

I assume you have a list copy and child elements (from elements where you need the validation) then? You can edit all the elements ("unlink") and remove the validation.

Or I think you can create a custom form template and add the CSS class FabrikHide to the group (I didn't test).

5. flashitool

flashitool Member

Thank you for your help, I'll try to create a JS to add CSS class FabrikHide on all elements from the hidden group.
    Actually, the group has allready the CSS class :
    Code (Text):
    <fieldset class="fabrikGroup fabrikHide" id="group715" style="opacity: 0; visibility: hidden;">

6. troester

With fabrikHide added manually in the browser it's working on my site (no validation error messages for elements in the group)
    upload_2022-6-13_15-34-18.png

BTW: a group "Yes, but hidden" has display:none, where is visibility:hidden coming from on your site?

7. flashitool

flashitool Member

Yes, it come from my site, strange