Filtering the list - AND instead of OR

Hi,

I'm sorry for (probably) noob question, but I've noticed that when I have few list filter fields filled, fabrik searches for records using OR condition between them. So when I set dropdown to some value and type some other value in another field, I got all the results matching dropdown value + matching that another field, even if it doesn't match the dropdown at all. So... how can I make the list filter fields use AND instead of OR condition?

I know I can use extended search, but since my users are not VERY tech savvy, this is not a good solution for me. The default list filtering form is fine, just 'OR' logic behind it isn't.

Cheers,

Olek

Last edited:
Usually all filter fields inside the filter block (standard element filters) use AND.

But don't mix up "Search all" filtering with element filters, this may have such effects.

Always "Clear filters" before inserting something into "Search all" (will do an OR on all elements selected in the "Search all" setting)
and again "Clear filters" before using the element filters again.

Alrighty, I've got it sorted. The thing is - the list in menu position settings had one filter set and it began with 'OR' (it's a default setting, I think). When I changed it to 'AND', it all started to work like it should. Yay!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back