Floating Links not closing

Incremental

Sorry SOLVED with "Floating buttons position" option :(
But it would be nice to have the ESC key working !

Hi,
after a few months, I go back to use Fabrik, with J2.5.14, YOOtheme template and Fabrik 3.0.8 with last GitHub.
When rendered floating links, I get again an old problem.

With checkbox at the end of the list, when I click on the checkbox, the floating links appears.
Because the checkbox is still visible, I can uncheck it, to hide the floating links.
BUT if checkbox are at the begining of the list, there is no way to make floating links closing, because it's under the links.
It would be nice to have the ESC key working, or an evolution of Fabrik to avoid the checkbox hide.
Thanks by advance for help.
Regards
Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Rob,
when I click an icon, (ex : View or Edit) a popup opens, but the tooltip doesn't close and remains active.
It's fine if I have other actions to do on the row, but I also have the ability to click other checkboxes and then having multiple overloading tooltips.
Capture.PNG

Because I don't see the usage, if possible, I think it would be better to : uncheck the check, and close the tooltip, when a popup is :
  • Saved and close
  • or just closed
And if I uncheck the 'global title row', it unchecks all the rows and the tooltips remains. I then have to check/uncheck them again...
Capture1.PNG

Regards

Friendly bump :)
If I press F5 (reload page = should be initialised to default) Tooltips are cleared, but check box remains selected (they should be cleared)
Thanks for help

ctrl f5 clears the page state completely, f5 does not. This is a browser 'thing' not a fabrik issue.

but with IE8 or IE10, there's no difference : checks are cleared.
Firefox makes the difference !
But like many users, I would expect that (any) browser button or F5 produce a global clear.
Could we obtain it with some tricks ?

Another remark :
it's possible to open popups with Edit & View simultaneously. Is it normal ?
I think they should exclude them.

Could we obtain it with some tricks ?
no, as i said this is a browser specific implementation.

it's possible to open popups with Edit & View simultaneously. Is it normal ?
If the user has acl rights to edit or view then both options should be shown, this is on purpose.

Sorry Rob,
I just would perform a 'programatically refresh' like CTRL-F5 when uncheck the 'global title row' (4th post)

it's possible to open popups with Edit & View simultaneously. Is it normal ?​
I don't mean ACL rights, I just mean that Edit popup window could be opened with View popup window.
==> I would expect that clicking on Edit would close already opened View or clicking on View would close already opened Edit window.
I would forbid 2 things at a time...

I agree, any open menu should close if you open another one on a different row.

I'll have a quick look, see if this is something I can do, if not I'll raise a github issue on it.

-- hugh

Hmmm, nope, that wouldn't be trivial. And given that this issue doesn't exist in 3.1, as we totally changed the way the edit/view menus work ... I'm afraid this is an "it is what it is" feature.

-- hugh

I'm now in F3.1 on J2.5
I have the same problem as in my 4th post.
When clearing checks with 'Global title row' checks are clearing, but all tooltips remains.
Thanks for a solution

well I think Hugh was saying Fabrik 3.1 with Joomla 3 :). As otherwise the tips behave in the same way as Fabrik 3.0

Ah, yes, I should have been more specific. FAbrik 3.1, on J! 3.x, which uses a different tooltip library.

-- hugh

For information,
I installed Twitter Bootstrap on my J2.5
Buttons and tooltips are a bit different, but the problem remains.

Is it OK to have the Bootstrap framework like this ?
or there are "system calls" relating to J3 too ?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back