• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Form Plugin Joompush Failure

bauskepeg

Hello

I have a bug with joompush.
The extension is set correctly and works.
With the Fabrik plugin the push messages work great too.

But...
Immediately after sending the push messages, this error message appears:

"Too few arguments to function JoompushHelpersJoompushsite :: saveNotification (), 8 passed to C: \ ***** \ plugins \ factory_form \ joompush \ joompush.php on line 115 and exactly 10 expected"

I can not find the mistake.

If I make the push messages via an Ajax link window then the window stays open after sending. There is no message whether saved or not.

I use Joomla 3.9.6
Joompush 1.3.10
and the factory shape - JoomPush 3.9.

has any user in use and could help me with this?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    20.1 KB · Views: 141
Hmm, looks like their latest version has added some parameters to that saveNotifications() call. But I can't download the latest because the sub they gave me to do the integration work with has expired. I've contacted them to ask them to renew my sub, I'll get back with you as soon as I've gotten it fixed.

-- hugh

Though off topic, but just wanted to know whether JoomPush allows to send Notifications to userID from other Table. I have Users in List A which upload data for which User from List B submits their report . I want to send Joompush notification to the Submitter when Report is ready. In short I am looking for Eval like SMS / Email F! plugin.

Though off topic, but just wanted to know whether JoomPush allows to send Notifications to userID from other Table. I have Users in List A which upload data for which User from List B submits their report . I want to send Joompush notification to the Submitter when Report is ready. In short I am looking for Eval like SMS / Email F! plugin.

At the moment, no. It only allows you to specify an element on the submitting form which contains a single J! user ID. The plugin then pushes notifications to all devices registered in Joompush for that user.

It would be about an hour's (billable) work to add an "Eval User ID" option, which could return an array of user ID's (which might just be a single user ID), similar to the email plugin's "Email To (eval)" option.

-- hugh

Also note ... the new version of Joompush adds scheduled notifications. This requires setting up a 'cron' job to load your site with a specific URL. Couple of things to note about that ...

1) You don't need to set up that scheduled task to use the Fabrik Joompush plugin. As-is, the plugin just sends the notifications in real time as the form is submitted.

2) At some point I will add support for the new scheduling feature, such that you'll be able to optionally specify a date in the plugin settings - either a fixed date, or a placeholder referencing an element on the form. If specified, the plugin will schedule the notification for that date/time, rather than sending it immediately. This feature, once implemented, will require the 'cron' job set up to trigger Joompush, as per their documentation.

-- hugh

At the moment, no. It only allows you to specify an element on the submitting form which contains a single J! user ID. The plugin then pushes notifications to all devices registered in Joompush for that user.

It would be about an hour's (billable) work to add an "Eval User ID" option, which could return an array of user ID's (which might just be a single user ID), similar to the email plugin's "Email To (eval)" option.

-- hugh
Thank you for detailed explanation. Though I have JoomPush plugin, but right now I am not using it.

It is awesome plugin and it looks there are few others who are using it. I would definitely contribute to the 'Eval feature' development, if other users are ready to share the expense.

PS: @hugh wishing you speedy recovery for your broken finger.

Thanks! Surgery went well, although turns out the damage was more extensive than showed on the x-rays, lots of soft tissue and joint damage, as well as the badly broken bone. He pinned and plated the break, so the bone can knit, but thinks he's probably have to go back in once it's healed, remove the plate and fuse the knuckle joint. :(

But at least it doesn't hurt any more.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back