• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Fresh install throwing mysql error

thellie

I know this has been an issue in previous years, so I just want to let you know that it's still occurring.

Having finished the other website, I'm looking to link the articles in that one to another public site. Anyway, trying to install a fresh version of Fabrik is throwing an error every time.

I've tried installing downloads from Github, from the main download part of the site, from Joomla's 'Install from web'... same each time:

Code:
Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Table 'mirror53_vol_public.#__fabrik_joins' doesn't exist
Extension Update: SQL error processing query: DB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'mirror53_vol_public.#__fabrik_joins' doesn't exist
SQL =
ALTER TABLE `#__fabrik_joins` CHANGE `table_id` `list_id` INT( 6 ) NOT NULL;
Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_fabrik_3.9.zip

I'm restoring after each failed version, deleting any fabrik tables that remain in the dbase, but it keeps happening. The site has never had Fabrik installed on it previously.

I really don't know what else to try.

Hmmm. Theoretically, those update queries ("ALTER ...") should only happen if you are updating an existing install. Which means that J! thinks you have previously installed an earlier version.

Check your #__schemas table. Look at #__extensions, find the one with the 'name' of 'com_fabrik', and see if the 'extension_id' for that exists in #__schemas. If so, delete that row in schemas, and try installing again.

-- hugh

There are only 3 records in the schema table - referencing joomla, j2xml, and osmap. There are no fabrik records or references to fabrik (via a mysql search LIKE '%fabrik%') in the dbase. This was a new site which I purposely did not install fabrik - this is the public site for general interest, while the fabrik-run admin site is completely separate.

I'm going to install a fresh joomla site and try to install the github download (that I downloaded yesterday) immediately to see what happens.

Here's what I did step-by-step, on a new install.
  1. downloaded a new j3.9.11 and installed it
  2. created a .htaccess file (see below for code added)
  3. downloaded a new fabrik github zip file
  4. uploaded to root folder
  5. extracted, then compressed the files/folders inside
  6. move new zip file to root folder, and extracted
  7. went to Discover (there's no 'purge cache' button as per github instructions, so deleted expired cache in joomla system menu)
  8. Hit Discover again - fabrik files showing
  9. In github installation instructions it says "Select the Fabrik package and click the 'Install' icon" - as there is no 'package' record, I tried installing just the fabrik component file alone - comes up with 'source file missing' or similar.
  10. I set number of records to show to ALL. Selected all fabrik records and clicked 'install'. Successfully installed
  11. Turned on all plugins
  12. Went to (successfully installed) fabrik component and clicked on the 'List' menu link
  13. Error message: 1146 Table 'mirror53_fabrik.#__fabrik_packages' doesn't exist
  14. I get an error message for each of the fabrik menu links - either the above one, or #__fabrik_forms, or #__fabrik_connections... doesn't exist
The only fabrik tables installed are:
fabrik-tables.png

.htaccess file code:
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} OFF
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

#RewriteEngine On
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/\.well-known/acme-challenge/[0-9a-zA-Z_-]+$
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/\.well-known/cpanel-dcv/[0-9a-zA-Z_-]+$
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/\.well-known/pki-validation/[A-F0-9]{32}\.txt(?:\ Comodo\ DCV)?$
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/\.well-known/pki-validation/(?:\ Ballot169)?
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.shtml home.php

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what :confused:

You CAN install directly from the github zip file can't you?

Is "fab_" really your Joomla DB prefix i.e. you also have fab_action_logs,... fab_content, ...?

AFAIK you can't install from GitHub (via discover).
You should try a new installation (J3.9.11 + Fabrik3.9 via downloads or webinstall), I just tried and both is working fine.
Then you can add more plugins by downloading and installing via Joomla installer or by doing a full GitHub update (and then discover the ones you need).

It may be that after you've tried installing the component via GitHub something got mixed up in the DB and then your attempts to do a regular installation via upload or webinstall showed errors.

Last edited:
The fab_ was just the quick throw together site to check about the installation, not my production site.

Can't install from github... okay, I got confused by the word INSTALLATION and its following instructions on the github page...

I'll give what you have suggested a go, thanks :) ...tomorrow probably - I've been going round in circles all afternoon just trying to get the article metadata to match the #_contents id, but that's another story :confused:

I got confused by the word INSTALLATION and its following instructions on the github page
Can you point us the page?
Some times a WIKI page is not up-to-date.

Sure Troester,
It's the github page, not wiki: https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik

Scroll down to the readme.md

To me, a Fabrik user but by no means a PHP, js, or any other coding wizard, or github aficionado, those are installation instructions to get fabrik working inside joomla. Go further down and it has a section on Updating, including "Once you have installed Fabrik 3.x, if you want to stay up to date with the latest code updates between official releases, you can 'update from GitHub'"

...but if you can't install from github, then it should be much clearer than this for us
'easily-confused-coz-we-don't-really-know-what-we're-doing-coz-we-have-to-build-it-all-for-free-and-without-support-or-training' bods.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back