• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Google Maps Element

but didn't think it was the real source of the problem
Yes, but it's definitively since 3.46.
I tried with their example (a simple HTML/JS/CSS outside Joomla) which stopped working as soon as the mootool-core was included.

As far as I can see nor Joomla3 nor Fabrik are using Array.from in any JS file.
But it's a hack on J!3 core and I have no idea if other plugins are using Array.from (and are relying on mootools or breaking because of mootools;))

Thanks for the update, @troester. Hacking the mootools seems to have helped with my map, but not with displaying the googlemap element correctly in a form. I was getting about 4 error messages before the fix. After, I'm still getting one of the Array error messages in console. The remaining one is from the function named Iea. Any thoughts on how to clear up this last one?

It's ok on my site (20 replaces in motools-core.js, 14 in mootools-more.js)
Maybe you missed one...
After a Joomla update I think you have to do it again.

Do this If you are experiencing problems with Google Maps component.
If Google Maps component is not displaying properly.
Maps are broken even after changing API credentials.

Thank you Troester!

I don't think so. The map type is only an option, not in the URL.
I think it's something Google is doing on runtime. It's working for Roadmap and Terrain, if you are starting with Satellite you can even see the satellite map showing up shortly.
I tried to debug, Google is using Array.from, so running the function overridden by mootools... (you can also see the warning in the console).
I assume in case of Satellite/Hybrid this is the issue. But no idea how to fix or bypass it.

Edit:
Satellite is working again if you replace all Array.from with e.g Array.mofrom in
\media\system\js\mootools-core.js and
\media\system\js\mootools-more.js
but I don't know if this has side effects (e.g. other plugins relying on mootools)

A similar hack is already done in media\com_fabrik\js\mootools-ext.js

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back