Google Maps visualization Data Icon

bggann

I"m trying to use the "Data Icon" function in Google Maps visualization. This function should allow me to populate an image field with an image and when run the visualization the icons on the map will be that image. I've created such a field and in the list and form view, the icon is properly displayed. But when I set "Data Icon" to be that field, then the map does not render any locations. If I clear the Data Icon Field, the visualization renders with a default teardrop icon.

I can also pick the same image field in as the "Icon" and the visualization will render with the proper icon.

I've suspect the path to the Data Icon is not correct, but I've tried Media Relative, J! root relative and absolute and cannot get it to work.

Help please
Bob

It's working on my site.
Whicg exact Joomla and Fabrik version?
Which element type did you select?
What is the exact image name/ path in the database table?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

It's working on my site.
Whicg exact Joomla and Fabrik version?
Which element type did you select?
What is the exact image name/ path in the database table?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
I'm running Joomla 3.9.10 and Fabrik 3.9.2 - so latest stable.

The Data Icon setting points to an element type is "image" - and it displays correctly on the form and list.
The image file is in /media/com_fabrik/images
and the Visualization is set to "Media relative"
When I look at the database in Navicat the column for that image is "/Red.png" for instance. This should display a custom "Red" icon.

If clear the Data Icon the map renders with a default Google teardrop.

It sees to me the column should be either ./Red.png or just Red.png. The / at the beginning seems weird.

I've also tried J! Root relative and have tried putting the icon in joomla root. - no joy.

-Bob

I've tried a number of path - coding it in that field as needed using Navicat. No Joy. I've verified you can access the file by just typing the URL in.

The issue was related to a setting "Link to Details " yes for may map element. That included all the link stuff. Turning that off fixed it.
Hugh made a change in the code to fix this - it is in the latest git.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back