• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

How to improve loading time of form

teoyh

Hi i have a form which i had inserted the following lists/table to cater to different needs of the user so that they can update and create new record
- Employee record
- Past training record
- New training forecast
- New Area of development
- Leadership training

Everything is working fine it just that the person reviewing for each record it will take 18 sec to open up this form.

Is there anyway i can do to improve the loading time ?

Thank you very much in advance i am really stuck with this please help

How do you insert the lists? How may rows?
Are these joins, with/without repeat?
All relevat elements (= table columns) with MySQL index?

How do you insert the lists? How may rows?
Are these joins, with/without repeat?
All relevat elements (= table columns) with MySQL index?

Thank you for replying

I put the following into the intro of the form

Employee Record
{fabrik view=list id=125 emp_info_record___sapno_raw={emp_review___sapno_raw} resetfilters=1}

Employee Past Training Record
{fabrik view=list id=126 emp_past_record___sapno_raw={emp_review___sapno_raw} resetfilters=1}

Employee New Training Record
{fabrik view=list id=127 emp_new_record___sapno_raw={emp_review___sapno_raw} resetfilters=1}

Employee New Area of Development
{fabrik view=list id=128 emp_newdev_record___sapno_raw={emp_review___sapno_raw} resetfilters=1}

Employee Leadership Training
{fabrik view=list id=129 emp_leadership_record___sapno_raw={emp_review___sapno_raw} resetfilters=1}

For those element with sapno in the respective list i had added the sapno as a new index

When i use element like Calc i will avoid using calculate on load and if possible those value does not need to be updated on the fly i have it update at server side after the form is submitted.

There is no join for the above

For the Leadership Training as not all employee are involved , i had did some customization on the leadership list template it will check if the employee the manager is reviewing is under the talent list if it is then it will show the add link else it will it. Not sure if this customization take up some load ? Is there any other way of doing this ? For edit and delete there is a ready plugin to determine if user can delete or edit but not add.

Thank you hope you can help , as some manager need to review many employee if each record take 18 sec to load that will translate to very long waiting time and they will hang me if i roll this out :(

Do these lists contain joins e.g. with repeat groups and "merge rows" display?
I would
remove/add one by one in the intro to see which of them is responsible for the loading time
enable Joomla debug and inspect the runtimes
for "complex" lists create a list copy, remove all joins/groups/elements/plugins not needed in the list view and add custom add/edit/view links to the "full" form

Hi please see my reply below ;

Do these lists contain joins e.g. with repeat groups and "merge rows" display? > No

I investigate using your suggestion each of the list will take up 3 to 4 sec

For the training record i replace it will a Click here to view pass training record but the problem is i can't get it to do a popup or Ajaxify links it always open up in the new page or replace the current page. The user had mention before they don;t want to shift away from the current form they prefer to do everything in one page.
If i can click on the link and it popup then i think that is fine but not sure how i can do that.

<p><a href=index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=126&emp_new_record___sapno_raw={emp_review___sapno_raw}&resetfilters=1target=_blank>Click here to view Employee Past Training Record</a></p>

Why do your lists take up to4 sec? Is this also if displaying them e.g. via menu?

If I understand your setup correctly you can use "related data":
In your lists 127 etc the ...sapno elements must be database joins (single ones)
In your list belonging to your form enable "Related Data" with popups
In your form/Options enable "Show related data links"

Why do your lists take up to4 sec? Is this also if displaying them e.g. via menu?

In your lists 127 etc the ...sapno elements must be database joins (single ones)
This is something very interesting , i will try to dig more into what you say.
Thank you very much for your suggestion, do you have any example which can help me visualised what you say

RelatedDataPopup.JPG
I manage to do this after i click on the link , it will pop up a windows but the width of the windows is too small.
RelatedDataPopup1.JPG

May i know how do i control this using css

It will take the minimum width your list needs.

Add custom CSS, use your browser console to inspect.
You can set the width at multiple locations, depending on if you want e.g. fabrikWindow.modal wider in general or only for some lists etc.
And/or You can prevent list content from wrapping
And/or you can set a minimum list width
And/or ...
(Maybe you have to use !important also).

In my css file i tried below but does not seem to work

<?php
header('Content-type: text/css');
$c = $_REQUEST['c'];
echo "

#listform_$c .fabrikForm {
margin-top: 25px !important;
}

#listform_$c .fabrikWindow.modal {
width:400px;
height:275px;
}

";?>

Styling the list would be
.fabrikWindow.modal #listform_$c {something...}
but it doesn't change the modal width. No idea where the widths in the style are computed.

But it seems
.fabrikWindow.modal {width:auto!important}
.fabrikWindow.modal .contentWrapper {width:auto!important}
is doing what you need.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back