How to limit the number of registrations per team.

We will need a little more information than that to help. Please explain in more detail what it is you are trying to accomplish, and what you have tried so far.

We will need a little more information than that to help. Please explain in more detail what it is you are trying to accomplish, and what you have tried so far.

I intend to register teams for a volleyball tournament
Fields: name, club, number
The club field is defined as databasajoin, from the table clubs Allows the addition of new clubs
keeping in mind that in each club the number of athletes is compulsorily between 6 and 10.
Entries are made individually by each athlete

Last edited:
Can you describe the process of registration that you envision? I understand clubs are a DB join but how to the athletes attach themselves to a particular club for the tournament?

Can you describe the process of registration that you envision? I understand clubs are a DB join but how to the athletes attach themselves to a particular club for the tournament?
When you register the players choose the team.
My difficulty is like putting a counter so that each team can not be chosen more than 10 times.

So the players choose what team they want to play on?

Take a look at the Advanced tab of the database join. In the eval options you can insert some php to enable disable the option based on the number of players who have already joined that team. The club will still show but a new player would not be able to select it.

I have not tried this myself but it seems like it should work for you.

When you register the players choose the team.
My difficulty is like putting a counter so that each team can not be chosen more than 10 times.

What I would do in your position (i have already done this in another application) is to put a php validation which checks the already registered players for the selected team which means a query is run to get the count and return TRUE or FALSE accordingly.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back