How to make a dropdown with some valus hidden public

mattsh

Hi!
I would like to have one drop down element with some values just visible for logged in users. I have searched the forum and the Wiki, but haven't found a solution.

Is a solution to have a db join element to a different table with element values and set user level on them or?

Regards
Matt

In a dropdown you can use "Eval populate" in "Advanced.

Or use a dbjoin element (I would prefer this).
You can add the user level in this table and use "Data - where" or you can use "Eval options" in "Advanced"

Yup, I'd do it with a join element. Have a field in the table for 'guests', and set that to 1 for entries guests can see. Then have a WHERE clause on the join of "WHERE {thistable}.guests = '1'", and set the "Apply WHERE to" to "Guest". So guests will only see entries with guests=1, registered users will see all entries.

-- hugh

Thanks for your support!

I have struggled for some time to make @cheesegrits solution to work.
Think I tested/changed everything, but I have never managed to make registered users able to see all options and the public to see just the public ones. Always the other way around.

Any hints?
Using Joomla 2.5.27 and latest Fabrik 3.09 from Github. Should I update to new Fabrik 3.3.4 on my J2.5?

Regards
Matts

Should I update to new Fabrik 3.3.4 on my J2.5
No (better update to J!3.4.5 + Fabrik3.3.4)

These access settings depend on your Joomla ACL setup (which groups, which group hierarchy, which access levels assigned to which groups).

Usually "Public" = all (Guest + Registered), but you'll have a Guest access level only if you have it enabled in Joomla Options (User).

If you do "Apply to" Public, this will (with standard setup) be inherited by Registered (so applied to Registered, too)

Hi!

Thanks @troester. I changed the newly made user group 'Guest' to Guest user group in the settings, and it works. Great!

Yes, i will of course migrate all my sites to J!3.4.5

Regards
Matt

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back