• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

I was wondering if I could use fabrik for this -- an online membership app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisfireems

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a component or even a script that I can put the online application of the volunteer fire company I belong to online. I am running fabrik forms on my website or I even want to know if I could do this fabrik forms and how. I want to have it so that the information is saved to the database and then one of our officers can login to joomla and print it out for a hard copy. I want it to look like our paper version with the same header (an image) and so on. I was would possibly like the ability for the applicant to be able to pay the application fee on paypal and for the script to show that they have bad the fee. If
someone could help me out with this it would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

Some parts would be easy. Some would be require some template customization (which needs basic HTML and PHP knowledge), like making the forms look like your paperwork. Some would be moderately difficult, like the PayPal stuff, which you'd have to write yourself in PHP, we don't (yet) have a standard PayPal processing feature.

-- hugh

Hugh,

Thanks for your quick response. How would I go about doing this process through fabrik? I know html, and don't really code in php. The paypal thing is not a big deal. They don't have to pay instantly I just want to be able to put a button in so if they want they can pay it right then and there.

Also I can output this into a table and show it Joomla with restrictions who can see it? And for it to be printable and look like the paper version of the application.

Chris

Yes, everything (including table views) in Fabrik can have permissions attached, using the usual Joomla group settings.

How close you could get your forms to the paper version would depend on your template customization skills using standard HTML and CSS styling.

I suggest you load the sample Contact Us data and take a look at how that works before going any further. If you didn't install the sample data when you installed Fabrik, you can do it with this command:

http://your.site/administrator/index2.php?option=com_fabrik&task=installSampleData

-- hugh

Hugh,

I took a look at the sample contact form. I was wondering where on the website is the manual for fabrik and also if there is a tutorial on making templates for fabrik, so I can possibly start working on this.

Thanks,

Chris

Doc should be in the downloads section, link is on the home page.

http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=29

I don't think we have a tutorial specific to custom templates, but there's been plenty of discussion and examples in the forums ... 'Search' is your friend ...

Important first step before doing any template customizing is to clone one of the default templates, by copying the directory. Again, plenty of pointers in the forums, just search away.

-- hugh

Hugh,

Thanks for all your help. I will look around the forums and see what I can come with this weekend. If I have anymore questions I will post back here or an a forum related to the topic.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back