• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

import data into a group from a different associated list

Manuelbolzano

Good morning! I have a problem recovering data from two different lists. I hope to be able to make myself understood. I have a list where all the employee data is compiled. A second list where the data of the compulsory courses that each employee must take are compiled. in the list of courses, I select the employee with a drop-down list and fill in the course data. I would like that if I go back to the employee's file, I could see in the view all the courses in which he has participated, within a Group. how can I do? I made a scheme, spernod understand Thanks so much!

Attachments

• Untitled Diagram.jpg
    Untitled Diagram.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 52
Did you get this working? I had the same question recently and managed to resolve it.
I assume you used a databasejoin element to get your dropdown list of employees into the courses list? So, Fabrik takes care of this for you!
Edit your employee list, select Data and the Related Data tab. Your courses list should show here. Under the "Link to list" radio button, select Yes.
Now when you go back to your employee list you will have a new column "Courses List" (you can change this heading) to select for each employee which will show their list of courses.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back