Invalid Token

JackGoa

Hi, did anything change in the recent update that might cause that stupid 'Invalid Token' message to come up when submitting a form on a site?

Having a helluva time with a few sites that now suddenly started doing this and just trying to eliminate possible issues. Battling to find the culprit.

Can't quite figure out, but it seems on all the sites, as soon as I switch off Gzip in the configuration, it works again.

There's no changes in Fabrik which would do that. Although I never enable gzip compression, which is really an artifact of the days when bandwidth was often a limiting factor for users, and just really doesn't buy you anything any more. And can cause problems.

-- hugh

Oki, thanks.

Yeah, as you know I'm big into SEO and SEM. Google puts a lot of weight on site speed. Even with fast bandwidth, it does not mean the underlying site/server is fast. every single little js or css file or http request or whatever needs to load counts against you.

When running tests on Google's PageSpeed Insights and a few other sites I use to test on, they put emphasis on Gzip. I have it as a Nginx directive on my server, but it seems, it should rather be disabled in Joomla. I actually suspect that setting does nothing but cause trouble at the end of the day and it seems it's better to let the server control that as opposed to Joomla.

Unfortunately my knowledge of these very technical things only goes so far and TBQH, I don't really understand the underlying architecture that well. It's all just trial and error for me.

As with a lot of performance tweaks, it's a trade off. Compressing takes time and CPU. So it's a judgement call on whether the shorter time to transfer over the wire makes up for the additional time the server takes to compress the page. And those metrics are hard to measure, as that depends on the specific network path between the client and the server.

As far as J! vs "the server" ... it's always the web server that does the compression. The setting in J! simply sets a response header in the page, telling the server it's OK to compress it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back