Is it possible to import a Fabrik table List ...

Not sure what you mean with "import into an other table". Copying data, single records, all records from your Fabrik list?

Depends on what you need.
You can do anything you want with a php plugin.
If you create a Fabrik list linked to your "other table" it may be possible to use the upsert form plugin.

That sounds interesting...
So I can link another table from another component in Joomla to a Fabrik list and then have a way to insert data in a form plugin? Example anywhere?
Thank you once again!

With a php plugin you can code whatever you want, accessing anything. But you must really know what you are doing, it's easy to break your site and corrupt your data.

You can create a list pointing to any exiting table in the database.
Restriction: the table must have a single primary key, Fabrik doesn't support combined columns (as e.g. in #_user_usergroup_map)

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/list-edit/#data
Database table - Alternatively you can link to an existing database table. If this option is selected Fabrik will automatically create the form, group and element's that correspond with the database table's structure. In addition you can also select a MySQL view to use as your Fabrik list's data source, in this case however, you will not be able to add or edit records.
Also here you must know what you are doing.
If working with tables used by other components or applications you should set "Alter field types"=no and restrict add/edit/delete access etc.

Thank you once again! I am going to experiment on a test installation... I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back