• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Javascript does not work in fields radiobutton, databasejoin and Yes/No

What do you mean by "does not work"?

I use a lot of JS events on those element types, works OK for me. Be a little more specific about what you are trying to do, and what is happening.

-- hugh

Hello,
I solved by changing the position of the element in the form. I have noticed that the same element (with javascript code for hide/show) works ok if it is positioned between the first and the sixth position becacause if it is positioned in 7th position or later, it stops to work. I haven't undertood why it occurs. This form has 3 groups (this feature is common to every forms of mine with javascript code for hide/show which don't work) and I hope to solve the problem by changing the form structure because the forms including only 1 group work ok for me. The Fabrik version I am using is 3.5.1 updated to 9 September.

Enzo

I can't replicate this. JS events work fine for me regardless of element position, in both repeat and non repeat groups:

http://screencast.com/t/TgGg2scjsvuP

If you can point me at a page which exhibits this problem, I'll take a look. You'll need to enable Fabrik debug (in the Fabrik global options), so I can load the page with uncompressed JS.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, thanks for the help.
I am sorry, I have already changed the form structure. If you agree I will attach the debug when the problem will arise for a new form.

Thanks

Enzo

Thanks so much Hugh.
I have completed my forms. I am writing this post because it could help the Fabrik users and the development. It is like a report about the notes with javascript for hide/show. I had two problems:
1) sometimes when I unpublished an element (including javascrpt inside), another element (including javascript and into the same form of the unpublished element) stopped working the load event for hide. When I published the element previously unpublished, the other element which stopped working (previously because unpublished the first element) resumed working ok.

2) a form has different element and at least two of them have javascript inside. Both of them seem not working but only one element has wrong javascript code. The error in the code was that it used a diferent table name in one line. When I discovered the error for this element, automatically the other element started working ok.

Either in the first case and in the second one, the elements with javascript were apparently not related.
My conclusion is that the elements with javascript code seem connected because they seem "knowing" possible errors of each other in the same form.

1) I'll see if I can replicate that. Is it possible you were using the unpublished element in the JS for the other element, like as the trigger element, or getting a value from it?

2) Any JS errors on a page can have "knock on" effects that prevents other JS from running. Especially load events, where an error in your JS will cause the entire initialization process to short circuit.

-- hugh

I am sorry, I am not completely sure because I could be wrong, but I remember that I looked for a connection between the two elements (I checked also the cases you mentioned), but I haven't found it because I remember that the two elements referred to two different "themes".

-- Enzo

If you run into this problem again, let me know.

For now, I'm filing it under "I can't replicate the problem, probably pilot error". :)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back