Javascript Elements Show Briefly when page loaded before hidden

dough

Have a form with around 15 elements in 4 groups. I am using the menus driven 'predefined options' for java actions rather than writing code (I am not a techy).

When the first element in to first group loads, it hides the groups I don't want to see until later. However what happens is that all the elements flash up for a second or so and then the hidden elements disappear.

The option I have tried is to use the "Yes but hidden" option for the group, but I have found that the predefined actions don't work to then show the group. Seems to be vaguely documented in the forums that this doesn't work). I would have to write the code for this to work.

Anyone have clues on how to stop the show briefly and then hide effect.

Hi,

What you are asking about is not literally Fabrik's doing. It has to do with when and how DOM elements are handled. It can be worked around - but not without some coding. Here is one of a few articles out there that details the issue and one way to work around it http://www.learningjquery.com/2008/10/1-way-to-avoid-the-flash-of-unstyled-content/ ... the key is to find a way to get do the updates outside of document.ready. Since that is situation specific and typically involves js and css, there is no possible way for Fabrik (or anything else) to account for every possible scenario.

Typically dealing with this (briefly displaying elements) involves extensive js and css coding in both the J! template and elements or forms (when using J! and Fabrik) so it becomes a question of is it worth the investment. You should also only really notice it when large numbers of items on a single page are being toggled or there is some other slow running code elsewhere during page load. So again... it can be dealt with, but not without some pain and there is nothing Fabrik specific about it ;)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back