• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

List module ajaxify doesn't seem to work?

AlexTCGPro

Hey guys.
I'm trying to have a list refresh automatically every time a value gets added.
I created a fabrik_list_module with the list, enabled ajaxify on it and then put it in an article through
Code:
{loadmoduleid xxx}
, then I put another module under it which contains the fabrik_form_module of the same list.
The idea is that when some user submits content through the form, that the list updates immediately, but as of now the list doesn't refresh at all, I have to manually refresh the page to show the changes, why is that?
I also have ajaxify enabled in the list.

Your browser won't get informed of someone else modifying the list. So your list won't be refreshed. You need a trigger. The easier way would be to automatically refresh the list every 10 seconds for example. This is doable with some js which will start an ajax download of the list and then refresh the data displayed. Searching on this forum should help.

Your browser won't get informed of someone else modifying the list. So your list won't be refreshed. You need a trigger. The easier way would be to automatically refresh the list every 10 seconds for example. This is doable with some js which will start an ajax download of the list and then refresh the data displayed. Searching on this forum should help.
I remember in an old website I had fabrik arranged like this and the list updated automatically on submission, that's why I was so confused about it. I can try that but I'm certain there was a better method

In form_xx.js on "fabrik.form.submit.end" event you should be able to trigger the click on list "clear filters" button something like jQuery("#clearfiltersbuttonid").trigger("click"); which should then refresh the list. Haven't tested this particular approach myself.

In form_xx.js on "fabrik.form.submit.end" event you should be able to trigger the click on list "clear filters" button something like jQuery("#clearfiltersbuttonid").trigger("click"); which should then refresh the list. Haven't tested this particular approach myself.
Thank you, that's a nice solution, yet it's not there yet, I'm actually testing to see if I can create something like a live chat through fabrik, I'm sure it's possible, with your code the list updates when the button is pushes, however I need the list to update when a new value gets added, as the person may get new messages before replying

OK, then it needs a bit different approach. It would probably be easier to use a custom module instead of Fabrik list to display the messages. And from custom module make ajax call to database and update chat area with settimeout e.g. once per 10 seconds or so.

Or if you still want to use Fabrik list, you can probably use similar approach in my last post and do the refreshing of list in list_XX.js. And you can have some dummy element in list where you trigger the click from form and catch the click of that dummy element in list_XX.js to refresh the list on current user input.

There might be some more suitable solutions, but that's just what quickly came to mind.

Last edited:
OK, then it needs a bit different approach. It would probably be easier to use a custom module instead of Fabrik list to display the messages. And from custom module make ajax call to database and update chat area with settimeout e.g. once per 10 seconds or so.

Or if you still want to use Fabrik list, you can probably use similar approach in my last post and do the refreshing of list in list_XX.js. And you can have some dummy element in list where you trigger the click from form and catch the click of that dummy element in list_XX.js to refresh the list on current user input.

There might be some more suitable solutions, but that's just what quickly came to mind.
Yes, thank you very much for your suggestions. I know there could be many different approaches but I want to try to accomplish it within fabrik itself instead of using custom php code. I'll keep the thread updated

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back