New Logging function?

Bren

Hi guys.
So, does anyone have any info, or a link, to share about the new logging function that the latest Fabrik update lists as a new feature? I haven’t found anything about it, yet.
Thanks in advance.

I assume you mean the new log form plugin.
It seems you have to do a GitHub update and install (+enable) it via Extensions/Discover (I can't see it in the downloads).
Then see the tooltips for details.
upload_2020-8-9_17-15-24.png

I have just updated GitHub and also followed all post-github search/discover steps as mentioned in Wiki. Also enabled log form plugin. Cleared cache.

But somehow, log form doesn't load. This non-loading is just for this log file. I tried to uninstall log plugin, but I couldnt as there was some xml file error.

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 8.46.25 PM.png

Not sure whether this is specific for my server or others also facing this issue. Am I missing something.

Check for JS errors in your browser console.
Obviously it hasn't finished loading (showing "log loading..." at the top).

I just tested: it's deinstalling and again discover/installing on my site without problem.

Last edited:
Thank you for reply.

Check for JS errors in your browser console.

Fabrik pluginmanager addPlugin ajax failed: [object XMLHttpRequest]
requestqueue.js:3 Fabrik Request Queue: 500

When I am trying to uninstall, I am getting following error:
Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 10.10.19 PM.png

Folder access rights?
Do you have ...plugins\fabrik_form\log\forms/fields.xml
And/or there was already some issue during installation?

You were right. I had some ownership / permission issue with the folder. I just renamed it as log1 and then fresh installed the plugin. Now I can see the log plugin.

But, I am having another issue, in #_fabrik_log, I am getting following error:

"Error writing database for log: Table 'mytable.#__fabrik_change_log' doesn't exist"

It looks #__fabrik_change_log is not created during installation.

How do i manually create this table ? Table failed to create even after successful installation of zipped files of ../plugins/fabrik_form/log

I only tried to install/deinstall the plugin, I didn't test it deeper.
But I think there is a thread where somebody said it's running.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Strange, installed this plugin a couple of month ago and I don't remember experiencing any problems. Updated from Github, did discover and install.
I suggest you to start over, uninstall, remove all the related database tables, check plugin folder permissions and reinstall with discover -> install.

Hi guys,

any idea why the dropdpwns 'Log Form Load' and 'Log Delete' are empty?
Thanks,

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

This plugin run very well. But I have experienced some problems if it is added at the end of the form's plugins list. In case of a previous plugin (onAfterProcess) contains a programmatic redirect ( JFactory::getApplication()->redirect(JRoute::_($url, false)); ), it is never triggered.
I solved it by always but the "log plugin" in first position of the form's plugin list.

Also, does anybody know how to trigger the log from some code ? I use php list plugin to add direct actions from the list views without going through the form to alter the record. I'd like to trigger the logging function from my code...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back