php Textarea size fix for Atum template

Status
Not open for further replies.

ontarget

I seem to have an issue with textareas for entering php code (e.g in php_events list plugin) being very small.
Here is the fix in case anyone else having the same problem.
In Atum template make a new file.
css/user.css
Enter:
.ace_editor.ace-github{width:1000px!important;}

Also would like to express my sincere thanks to Troester, Henk and Skurvish for their work on the F4 system

Thanks.
But what do you mean with "very small".
I get a width of 503px (which is about 1/2 of the one in F3), did you mean this or less?

I get a width of 503px...
Yup, the default looking good on my screen, too.
Also, at a fixed 1000px it'll take horizontal scrolling in smaller windows. Fixed widths are rarely good (and almost never a universal solution working for everyone on every screen).
It's usually better to do something like
Code:
.xyz {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: 500px;
}
eventually even in @media queries.

If you require a custom setting for some reason (perhaps another extension is forcing its CSS onto Fabrik?), in this particular case you might even want the max-width to be some "calc()" value... and again, probably in a @media query for only certain window widths.

My default texarea for php_events plugin code was really small 160px or so - also i didn't have the option to drag the textarea to make it bigger. This is an upgraded site from j3 to j4 so it could be some issue with the upgrade.
Also agree with you lousyfool about dynamic widths but i just put in a fixed width as it suits my computer ( i never do any backend fabrik admin on a phone!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back