Primary Field / Filter Source for Data Display

tiagovareta

Hi,

I'm developing a Soccer practice planner. In Football everything works by season.
Is it possible to have an initial field, where I can choose the time I want to see / edit, and then all the information will be allusive to that time?

For season we will always have different things: Players, Training Plans, Etc ... The idea will be when choosing the time these data will be presented according to the chosen time.

How can I do this?

Has anyone done something like that in Fabrik?
How can I do it?

If I put an external PHP code (Modulo Sourecer Regular Labs), can I call the data with Fabrik?

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Can you describe the workflow you are wanting?

What I think you are asking is for some kind of global session setting, which sets the date/time, then all Fabrik will use that to filter all lists to that season, use it as the default for new forms, etc. Is that correct?

-- hugh

Hi Cheesegrits,

Thanks for your response!

In this type of application, there are data that change all the seasons. Among them: Players, Training, Games, Etc ...
And I want the user to enter choose the season that will work. And then all the information (Players, Training, Games, Etc ...) will be relative to the chosen season.

I made an example in PowerPoint to help me explain:
Screenshot_32.jpg
1º - I choose the season
2º - The data are updated, according to the chosen season

I do not know how to do it, but maybe the field of choice of the season, be something apart. How do I make the connection with Fabrik?
If I put an external PHP code (Modulo Sourecer Regular Labs), can I call the data with Fabrik?

How can I do this?

So the workflow is:
choose a season
click on Trainings to get trainings list for this season, click on Players ....?
You can create a Fabrik search form with a dbjoin for the seasons and calc elements creating a link to the related list with URL filtering.

So the workflow is:
choose a season
click on Trainings to get trainings list for this season, click on Players ....?
You can create a Fabrik search form with a dbjoin for the seasons and calc elements creating a link to the related list with URL filtering.

Hi Troester!
Thanks for the answer!

Yes, the operation is the same. We chose the season and then there are menus, which show the data (players, training, games, etc ...) according to the season chosen.

Is there any example that can tell me, to see how it works: You can create a Fabrik search form with a dbjoin for the seasons and calc elements creating a link to the related list with URL filtering. ???

I've done something similar on several sites recently, having a 'picker' up in the top menu (kind of like Joomla's language picker), which is a little custom module that sets session data. Then a few other bits of custom code, like a list plugin that filters according to that session data, and some functions to use in element defaults to set them according to the session data.

But none of that is built in.

-- hugh

I've done something similar on several sites recently, having a 'picker' up in the top menu (kind of like Joomla's language picker), which is a little custom module that sets session data. Then a few other bits of custom code, like a list plugin that filters according to that session data, and some functions to use in element defaults to set them according to the session data.

But none of that is built in.

-- hugh

Hi Cheesegrits! Thanks in advance for the reply!

Can you send a printscreen of what you did?
Could you explain it in more detail, how can I do it?

I can't really, it's all commercial stuff for clients with NDAs.

I can describe it.

1 - a module which reads a table of franchise locations, where each staff member has access to one or more of those locations, and see the ones they have access to in the dropdown at the top of every page (based on the J! language picker). WHen they select a location, it kicks off an AJAX call to the server that sets a session variable with the selected location ID.

2 - a custom list plugin, which lets you select the 'Location" element on any table which has data for multiple locations, automatically adds a list pre-filter for that element, filtered by the selected location in the picker / session data.

3 - a custom.php helper library, with functions to return the currently selected location, for defaulting the 'location' elements in forms that need it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back