• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Problem with the prefilter

sasha199

Hello everyone, there is such a problem, I install the prefilter, everything works, but when I filter the data through the form, then the prefilter does not cancel its action and continues to work as well, how to solve the problem?
Switch overriden by menu/modules translated into both positions, does not help

Pre-filter is meant to "stick" so you could hide some data from specific users etc. If you need a "temporary" filter, use url filtering:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/filtering-lists-tables/#filtering-via-the-url
thank you for the answer, but this does not suit me, I have filtering by creation date, I filtered the data created in the current month, and I wanted that after filtering through the form, the prefilter stopped working, turned off, and when the form was updated, it started working again

Could you explain your workflow in more detail like:
1) User opens list with pre-filter applied to only show current month records;
2) Next...

The user opens the list, the filter form is on top, by default it has all values equal to 0, the positions themselves are below, I would like that when the user opens the list, there are positions created in the current month in front of him, and after he himself applied the filter from the form, it would show the positions for all the time
a2474ba7e576.jpg

As @juuser says
Pre-filter is meant to "stick" so you could hide some data from specific users etc. If you need a "temporary" filter, use url filtering:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/filtering-lists-tables/#filtering-via-the-url
The sense of a list prefilter is that it can't be overridden by any user action.

For simple URL filters (like mytable___foo=abc) you can use the "Fabrik list" menu's "Fabrik list options/Extra Query String"
For complex ones using values and conditions (as needed for date filtering) you need to put the complete URL into a "System Links/URL" menu item.

Those "preset" URL filters can be cleared and overridden by the user.

As @juuser says The sense of a list prefilter is that it can't be overridden by any user action.

For simple URL filters (like mytable___foo=abc) you can use the "Fabrik list" menu's "Fabrik list options/Extra Query String"
For complex ones using values and conditions (as needed for date filtering) you need to put the complete URL into a "System Links/URL" menu item.

Thank you very much for the answer, I will try to filter by url

As @juuser says The sense of a list prefilter is that it can't be overridden by any user action.

Please tell me how to pass the end of the current month in the URL?
Code:
http://localhost/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=8&Itemid=121&&sbrh2_tabel_pers___createdate[value][]=-1%20month&sbrh2_tabel_pers___createdate[value][]=now&sbrh2_tabel_pers___createdate[condition]=BETWEEN

Last edited:
Just
sbrh2_tabel_pers___createdate[condition]=thismonth
(without any ...[value])
should do (I didn't know it myself).
I added it to the WIKI

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.