Problem with validation after upgrading to 3.9.2

Hi,

I have a databasejoin element with validation 'areuniquevalues' which uses also 'date' field to take care of uniqueness of new records. It worked, but after upgrading from 3.9.0 to 3.9.2 it stopped working. I've tried to change all the parameters I could think of - no success. To be sure that it was the upgrade that broke the validation, I used old backup (with Fabrik 3.9.0 where the validation works) and upgraded it. And yes, validation stopped working right away.

What helped: I've changed all date fields to jDate fields - then the validation started working again.

It's great that there's a way of making it work again, but I have tens of tables with hundreds of elements and when I think of changing all the date fields to jDate, I want to kill myself really.

Cheers,

Olek

I assume your date is stored as local, hidden and time selector on?

As far as I can see the isUnique/AreUnique validation on dates (old date and also new jdate) are only working with special settings.

I'll point it to @cheesegrits .

As a workaround you can try to modify plugins\fabrik_validationrule\areuniquevalues\areuniquevalues.php

Replace the two lines (around line 99 resp. 113)
$v = FArrayHelper::getValue($v, 0, '');
with
if (array_key_exists('date',$v)) $v=$v['date'];
else $v = FArrayHelper::getValue($v, 0, '');

Thank you for your prompt help. Your hint was very valuable and helped me do a bit deeper investigation - results are in the enclosed image. Unfortunately, your workaround didn't help in cases when the validation doesn't work. One more thing - date (and jDate) field was always stored as local. I hope this 'analysis' will help in finding and eliminating the culprit.

date-update.jpg

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back