Reschedule Manual

billvv

I am in the testing phase of a set-up that would use a geocoded visualization to plot markers on a map using an element in a list. The underlying table will be set to update every night using a sever CRON job and some PHP code.

For testing, I'd like to 'run the plugin on the backend'. For a scheduled task, what does that mean?

Does this mean what I do presently, i.e., open the scheduled task, modify the run time and then save?

"Reschedule Manual - If set to Yes, will update the lastrun date and reschedule when manually running the plugin on the backend, as well as when running through via the cron system plugin. If set to No, will only reschedule when running via the system plugin."​

Last edited:
No, you can trigger the task w/o open it.
1. Mark the checkbox
2. Click Run
upload_2023-5-19_18-49-47.png

Thanks, wezetel;
I am confused by this wiki note...
Require query string - If set to yes then the plugin will only run if the page's URL contains the querystring 'fabrik_cron=1' (unless modified with the Query Secret option). Useful to stop processor intensive queries running when a browser requests a page, whilst still allowing server cron jobs to run using something like wget with &fabrik_cron=1 applied to the url from a standard UNIX cron job. If using this option, you should set your run frequency to something very low, as you will not be able to run it even with the query string addition more often than the freuency interval.
"Set your run frequency to something very low" That means to me something like one year.

"you will not be able to run it even with the query string addition more often than the freuency interval." That means to me that the Cron job will not be able to run the plugin and update the element more often than one per year.

That doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:
"Set your run frequency to something very low" That means to me something like one year.
No. It means something like one minute.
So it's always "ready" to run but running only if triggered via query string in the URL (no matter if such a URL is used by an external CRON job or manually typed or a link etc)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back