• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Schedule problem

bonghetti

I'm using fabrik's schedule function on hosting. Mostly for importing csv. However, I cannot understand the reason why some daily schedules do not start regularly. Any Suggestions?

How do you trigger your schedule?
If you don't do it explicitely with a cron job on your server it's only triggered if there is some frontend activity on your Joomla page.

Actually I created the schedules on the fabrik schedule and it was necessary to set a scheduled schedule from a remote pc that accessed the front-end before the start of the first script for the schedules to work. Except that some work properly and others inexplicably fail to start.

What are your settings?
"Run every ..." small enough?
Any other settings?
Log enabled?

What are your settings?
"Run every ..." small enough?
Any other settings?
Log enabled?

Settings: ImportCSV, but still the same as other importcsv schedules that currently work
Run Every: daily. However, I calculated all the various execution times to avoid overlapping
Any other settings: I do not know
Log enabled: Yes. I don't find anything out of the ordinary. except an error on sodium.so

PS: What is the link to start a specific schedule from the front-end? To start it manually while waiting to resolve, avoiding accessing the backend

With your setting run "1 per day" it won't run again until 9:30 tomorrow if triggered via Joomla frontend activity or an external cron job.

So if you want to run a single Fabrik scheduled task at a specific time set
the Run option to something very low (e.g. 1 minute)
enable Querystring
set a Query Secret
trigger the Fabrik scheduled task by calling https://yoursite.com/index.php?fabrik_cron=your-secrect' in your browser
or something like 'wget https://yoursite.com/index.php?fabrik_cron=your-secrect' as cron job on your server

Thank You.

With your suggestion I can now manually start the schedule. For the rest it is still unclear why that schedule does not start daily correctly.

Another thing ... the update button works only if activated by the administrator ... Is it possible to make the link to run of the schedule be activated by other user groups?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back