1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Schedule problem

Discussion in 'Community' started by bonghetti, Nov 24, 2021 at 12:49 PM.

1. bonghetti

bonghetti Member

Level: Community
    I'm using fabrik's schedule function on hosting. Mostly for importing csv. However, I cannot understand the reason why some daily schedules do not start regularly. Any Suggestions?

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

How do you trigger your schedule?
    If you don't do it explicitely with a cron job on your server it's only triggered if there is some frontend activity on your Joomla page.

3. bonghetti

bonghetti Member

Actually I created the schedules on the fabrik schedule and it was necessary to set a scheduled schedule from a remote pc that accessed the front-end before the start of the first script for the schedules to work. Except that some work properly and others inexplicably fail to start.

4. troester

What are your settings?
    "Run every ..." small enough?
    Any other settings?
    Log enabled?

5. bonghetti

bonghetti Member

Settings: ImportCSV, but still the same as other importcsv schedules that currently work
    Run Every: daily. However, I calculated all the various execution times to avoid overlapping
    Any other settings: I do not know
    Log enabled: Yes. I don't find anything out of the ordinary. except an error on sodium.so

PS: What is the link to start a specific schedule from the front-end? To start it manually while waiting to resolve, avoiding accessing the backend

6. troester

7. bonghetti

bonghetti Member

8. troester

With your setting run "1 per day" it won't run again until 9:30 tomorrow if triggered via Joomla frontend activity or an external cron job.

So if you want to run a single Fabrik scheduled task at a specific time set
    the Run option to something very low (e.g. 1 minute)
    enable Querystring
    set a Query Secret
    trigger the Fabrik scheduled task by calling https://yoursite.com/index.php?fabrik_cron=your-secrect' in your browser
    or something like 'wget https://yoursite.com/index.php?fabrik_cron=your-secrect' as cron job on your server