Select category and load additional fields

startpoint

I have a list with items.
When add new item need to select category. I have a list with some categories with fields Id, name and description. For each I need to assign additional fields which are different for every category.
How to join on the fly additional fields linked to selected category.
Any suggestions how to do that?
P.S. The custom fields in Joomla have the necessary functionality.

If you just want to copy the field values from the join to fields on your form, use the 'autofill' plugin. If you want them to be an actual joined group, you have to do a slightly more complex setup with autofill ... I was actually trying to remember how to do that the other day as I need it for one of my projects. When I get time this week I'll record a little video of how to do it.

-- hugh

The data in the fields must be filled in by the user, not taken from another table.
https://www.screencast.com/t/YAmv9lVtHPJ
Two Category lists:
- Category 1 with fields Field1, Field2, Field3
- Category 2 with fields Field2, Field4, Field5
They are joined to list Items, who have fields Name and Category.
If add new item and select Category 1, need to load joined group with fields for Category 1. Group for Category 2 not to be loaded.
Joined group for list Category 1 must be added dynamically.
Something similar to Joomla Category fields for Articles.
https://www.screencast.com/t/WDEl89gII67

No, this can't help me.
I don't want to use Joomla custom fields and want to build the same functionality with fabrik.

You can have a look how Joomla is doing it.

But Joomla custom fields are no part of data tables so you won't see the data in e.g. phpmyadmin directly.
You'll need a complete structure like #_fields, #_field_groups, #_field_values...

I don't see how this can be handled inside Fabrik easily not only on form load and submit but also dynamically.

What about groups of elements (defined directly or via list joins) and showing/hiding depending on the selected category?

What about groups of elements (defined directly or via list joins) and showing/hiding depending on the selected category?
My scenario on video is the same variant - with list joins. I can make show/hide based on category selection.
But if i have more than 400-500 custom fields in different groups in different lists? May be slow down loading time with list(with more than 40-50 joins) and form(with more than 400-500 elements)?
This doesn't seem to be a good option.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back