• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[solved] Fabrik won't allow two userid in a List

aijosh

I keep getting a 500 error except I unpublish one of the userid.

LIST A
id, userid, post

LISTB
id, userid, postid, comment

I want the post and comments on a single list view so I created

LISTC (a copy of LIST A) then joined LISTB to it. id->postid

LISTC
id, userid, post, id, postid, comment

ISSUE:
When trying to load LISTC I get a 500 error. Says fabrik has generated an invalid query. <br/>

If I unpublish either one of the userid the list loads.

If I also remove the join, the LISTC loads without issues.

I guess fabrik doesn't understand why there can be two different userid in a list. Cos the "commenter" and the "poster" are not the same.

It's there a way to solve this?

No, you can have multiple user elements in one list.
Enable Fabrik debug (in Fabrik Options/Debugging) and add &fabrikdebug=1 (resp. ?fabrikdebug=1 if it's the first URL param) to the URL of your List C to get the complete error message.

500 Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list View Wall: <br /><br /><pre>Column 'name' in field list is ambiguous</pre>

Still doesn't make sense cos there is no column bearing "name" in the two lists

Do you have any custom prefilters or join WHERE clauses?

What user table field are you displaying? Username, name, email etc?

-- hugh

Do you have any custom prefilters or join WHERE clauses?
No prefilters on any of the lists

What user table field are you displaying? Username, name, email etc?

THESE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF LIST C AND WHATS DISPLAYED
LIST A (POSTS) LISTB (COMMENTS)
id,user, post id, postid,user,comment

**The user element is a databasejoin for userid with Or Concat label = name,' ',lname
***Also I have a php event list plugin on the comment form which adds the picture of the user to the name and last name. I couldn't get the picture with or concat since it was a fileupload element.
(Although I don't think the plugin is an issue cos I disabled it but the problem persisted)

Thanks

Just removed the name,' ',lname in the Or Concat and the form now loads.
I guess its the syntax used or maybe it just doesn't work on joined tables????

Ok. Thanks. I think that would work but I'd decided to unlink the userid from their parents then removed the on Concat and then used a php event list plugin to call the name, lastname and picture.

Though I'm having issues displaying the profile picture of the comment portion.

It tells me;
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1.

This same query works on the picture of the post owner.
The query also works if I put the id of the comment owner manually in the WHERE portion but doesn't if I put the value from the $commenterid = $row->comments___userid_raw;

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back