• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

(SOLVED) From Detail View shows a "1"

jmoises

Hello i have this problem, when i select detail view to a form at the end of the form show a "1"

upload_2019-11-13_18-11-18.png

same form but no detail mode not show the "1"
upload_2019-11-13_18-12-26.png
thanks for any help

It's ringing a bell but I can't remember;)
Which Fabrik version?
Which details template?
Did this occur "suddenly"?

Hello, latest joomla and fabrik version.
bootstrap template.
but i didnt test whit other template so i try bootstrap tab template and here is the result so i now will try to search in the template that 1

upload_2019-11-14_6-55-9.png

Is it with all your forms or only one?
You may add an "Outro" and e.g. the Back button for helping to find the "position".

... so i now will try to search in the template that 1
It won't hurt to search for the origin elsewhere -- just in case -- but I don't think it'll produce anything, so perhaps you want to save that time.

I have the same thing under detail views. It's a heavily (I mean h-e-a-v-i-l-y) customised multi-site install, so I went I triple-checked all customisations, J! template and all sorts of other code incl some of Fabrik and what not. Quite difficult to search for a 1, haha. So, no luck. Also, it's hard to impossible to replicate: I'd say typically it doesn't show on first page load (all everywhere cleared) but eventually on page reload... but not always?

Thankfully, no one has ever made any fuss of it, probably not even noticed, so at some point I started to just ignore it, too.
I remember thoughts/plans to hide it with CSS (nah, not really) or remove it with JS but then, again, I focused on other things again.

The site in question is an older Fabrik 3.9 (Github of Nov 2018) under J! 3.9.4.

Is it with all your forms or only one?
Maybe it got lost in language in the posts above, but I'm very sure it's only on details pages, not under lists or forms.
You may add an "Outro" and e.g. the Back button for helping to find the "position".
No need, it's at the bottom of the component "position", below/after all children divs, as per screenshot of the OP's browser console.

[EDIT:] Sorry, forgot to mention, I'm using a different J! template than the OP. One more reason to not blame that, hehe.

[EDIT #2:] Oh, and of course my custom details templates is loosely based on the bootstrap default... not _tabs, not _pdf.

Last edited:
No need, it's at the bottom of the component "position", below/after all children divs, as per screenshot of the OP's browser console.
Ok, outro would be outside the <div id="details... But he doesn't have a <div... fabrikActions (e.g. created for a Back button). It may give a hint if the "1" is before or after
on details pages
Ah yes, I meant is it with all detail views (no matter which list) or only with a special one.

Last edited:
Hey @troester,
Think it's clear, but just in case I'm attaching my browser console. You can tell, <main id="tm-content"... is the component container in which , on other pages, you'd have e.g. a J! <article... below the "system-message-container".
So, everything within <main id="tm-content"... and below the "system-message-container" is output of the Fabrik details template.

My project is multi-sites/domains and is almost entirely built on Fabrik but uses for all the news content you see basically only one list (with joins etc, and copies with pre-filters), fed from a single form. So, then there are only two types of Fabrik details views/templates, both of which are only marginally different, and both of which are producing the 1, seemingly at random, and under any of the domains in this multi-site job. (Just FYI, there are other forms and lists, but no details needed, the lists are sufficient for their purposes. The site is live and well frequented, so there's not much messing around with it... though I'm tempted to -- just for the jux of it -- enable a details view from some other list accessible in the frontend for admins only, then see if I'getting "free 1s" there as well, lol.)

Check out for instance this page or any of the other detail pages there or on the sister domains (see buttons on the right side of top toolbar). The 1 will display below the blocks under "You may also like:" and, as stated, you may need to reload the page to get it. And perhaps see what happens (or not) on multiple subsequent reloads.

I swear on every grave I can think of: my Fabrik template and related code is clean ("triple-checked" is a ridiculous understatement, haha), so no orphaned 1 there, no boolean or other element spitting out its value there, raw or not.

Attachments

• the1.jpg
    the1.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 128
Aaaaah, couldn't let go: completely different list and different Fabrik details template (very much like bootstrap default), and there it is: another 1. Please see attached.
Yup, not on first page load, also only on reload.

Attachments

• theother1.jpg
    theother1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 120
Obviously it's not Joomla template or Fabrik layout related, I can see it on your page with Protostar and bootstrap_tabs or bootstrap (and a reload).
upload_2019-11-14_17-36-12.png upload_2019-11-14_17-39-55.png
But still the question: It is outside the main Fabrik div but is it after Fabrik's outro, after Fabrik's endContent php plugin output?

But still the question: It is outside the main Fabrik div but is it after Fabrik's outro, after Fabrik's endContent php plugin output?
Not sure I understand your question... since there's no stray or other 1 in any of the details template files, I see the 1 only where you see it: the HTML output in the console.

1. Re the first screenshot/template (from the link I gave you): the details default.php doesn't even have those $this->pluginbottom; and else at the bottom. No such stuff in use, anyway.

2. Re the second screenshot/template I posted here: that default.php has all those echos at the bottom. The script thingy producing the Back button is followed by $form->outro; and $this->pluginend;, but since nothing is there I can't tell here and now where the 1 is coming in.

Well, this should tell us that the 1 is not related to, or a result of, any of the code at the bottom (pluginbottom, loadTemplate, outro, pluginend) and whatever could be echoed, if any.
So, pretty obviously, the 1 appears at the very end of = below all HTML in the details template, no matter how much or little it is.

[EDIT:] Slight change to the line marked red here above. ;)

ok for me i have to reload the page to get the "1",
i am using a rocketheme template so is not a template issue.
I am creating a clean Fabrik Detail Template because maybe one of the other php files is showing that "1" in convination of one of the settings like Read Only, No labels etc.

be back in a couple hours after testing.

I modify the Bootstrap Detail template, as simple as this to show only 2 elements, no external files, and i still see the "1"..... is out the template area is more in fabrik component.

Code:
<?php
/**
* Bootstrap Details Template
* @package     Joomla
* @subpackage  Fabrik
* @copyright   Copyright (C) 2005-2016  Media A-Team, Inc. - All rights reserved.
* @license     GNU/GPL http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
* @since       3.1
*/

// No direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

$form = $this->form;
$model = $this->getModel();

echo '<div class="fabrikForm fabrikDetails" id="' . $form->formid . '">';

/*Display elements directly by group + element name; only element labels and content, no group settings used;*/
$element = $this->groups['Usuario Avatar2']->elements['imagen'];
?>
<div class="control-group <?php echo $element->containerClass ; ?>">
    <div class="fabrikElement myElement">
        <?php echo $element->element;?>
    </div>
</div>
<?php
$element = $this->groups['Usuario Avatar2']->elements['nivel'];
?>
        <?php echo $element->label_raw;?> : <?php echo $element->element;?>
    </div>
</div>
<?php

echo '</div>';

?>

whell i will forget about the detail and just use this template in a form and works fine.

just have to set in group read only

Last edited:
This is my final Form template and works fine to avoid detail template issue

Code:
<?php
/**
* Bootstrap Details Template
* @package     Joomla
* @subpackage  Fabrik
* @copyright   Copyright (C) 2005-2016  Media A-Team, Inc. - All rights reserved.
* @license     GNU/GPL http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
* @since       3.1
*/

// No direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

$form = $this->form;
$model = $this->getModel();

echo '<div class="fabrikForm fabrikDetails" id="' . $form->formid . '">';

/*Display elements directly by group + element name; only element labels and content, no group settings used;*/
$element = $this->groups['Usuario Avatar2']->elements['imagen'];
?>
        <?php echo $element->element_ro;?>
    </div>
</div>
<?php
$element = $this->groups['Usuario Avatar2']->elements['nivel'];
?>
        <?php echo $element->label_raw;?> : <?php echo $element->element_ro;?>
    </div>
</div>
<?php

echo '</div>';
?>

Would be nice if it would be easy to replicate;)

IS it displayed in the backend on your sites?
@lousyfool : you said
The site in question is an older Fabrik 3.9 (Github of Nov 2018) under J! 3.9.4.
So maybe it's gone with recent Joomla and Fabrik GitHub (I can't replicate on my site).
@jmoises : what is your Joomla and Fabrik version?

ok i did have latest Github i just updated in case of that was the issue.

also:
Joomla! 3.9.11
Fabrik 3.9

I am still have same issue, i was not able to see it in backend.

Ditto, not in the backend here, either.

ok i did have latest Github i just updated in case of that was the issue. (...) I am still have same issue, i was not able to see it in backend.
@troester: This seems to prove that it's still an issue with current code. OTOH, I wonder why there're not more reports on it. At the time I had sure tried to search the forum, but if it's difficult to search masses of code for a 1, then try doing this here with the forum search, hahaha! You know I'm hanging in here since a while, hardly missing any post, and you do so even longer and more. But nothing since at least a long time, though you initially said it's ringing a bell.

Which, after ruling out that my own code was the culprit, had led me to believe that I was the sole unlucky one having caught a Github version with that glitch, and by the time I had noticed it, the site was so much customised already that updating would be a royal PITA, so I stayed away from it. And, thanks to @jmoises, now there's one more reason to keep doing so! Plus, as mentioned, since no site visitor or admin seems to have noticed or reported it (mostly single page loads per user only?), I didn't report it here, either.

Currently, I have only two other Fabrik sites: one even older one where Fabrik serves as frontend editing and reporting tool with forms and lists only, and a test site which I haven't touched since a while and where I also haven't really done much with details.

With what we know right now (frontend details only, on page reload only, outside the main Fabrik div, so far only for two Fabrik users = few sites), I'd say it's some JS putting it there. Only a suspicion (!), but could it be that it's a leftover of a test routine in some JS which was used at some point by @cheesegrits or someone, then forgotten to be taken out again? Maybe in the JS of one particular element type? Sure no blame or "finger pointing" here... but these things can and do happen, hehe, and I can't think of anything else.

Based on this thought, since JCH doesn't catch them you see in my page head what's in use there (quite a lot!)... so, maybe you're not using some of it, so you can't replicate, but @jmoises does, and so he can?

If you need more information, like what is all in use in terms of plugins etc, let me know.
Thanks!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back