• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[SOLVED] How to Change/Upgrade the user access level using "User Form Plugin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

automill

Hi,

I did not find any topic related to Change/Upgrade the user access level using "User Form Plugin" in wiki or forum. My question is:

I have 2 nos forms. The first form is required to be filled by "registered" users only. The 2nd form to be filled by "customers" users only. The 2nd form available for customers users only and visible only through menu if registered user has filled and saved the 1st form.

I imagine that this can be achieved through "User Form Plugin". But confused at point that "User Group Field " can be edited only by "logged-in Super admin" but new users can be added to selected group here.

So, how can the existing registered users can be changed/upgraded to new user group (customer user group in my case).

Regds,
Sunit

I see another solution, if user for plugin does not work, this can be achieved by php form plugin on "End of form submission" by changing the value of "group_id" of the logged-in user in "#__user_usergroup_map" table.

Yup, you can't change the group once an account is created. We would have to add an additional option, like "Allowed groups", where you would select the groups a user can change to. Which would be a fair amount of work.

So yes, for now, best to handle this yourself with a submission plugin.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back