• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

[SOLVED] JS error in detail pages

lousyfool

Staff member
Sorry, I have one more...

On detail pages, with any template including the out-of-the-box Bootstrap template, I'm getting an JS error.
Please note, it doesn't appear with "simple" lists, but definitely when repeat groups are involved.
Also, it doesn't stop the page from rendering correctly or so, so I'm not suffering too badly... but eventually it'll prevent me from combining/minifying all scripts in the <head> section.

With JS debug on, the error reads in short form:
Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of null
    at Object.<anonymous> (form.js:1864)
    at Function.<anonymous> (mootools-core.js?2291a9c3158078bcd46ff6ceb07b5686:9)
    at Object.duplicateGroupsToMin (form.js:1853)
    at Object.e.extend.$owner (mootools-core.js?2291a9c3158078bcd46ff6ceb07b5686:38)
    at Object.<anonymous> (form.js:72)
    at mootools-core.js?2291a9c3158078bcd46ff6ceb07b5686:21
I/m attaching the long version here as txt file.

Line 1864 in form.js is obviously:
Code:
repeat_added = this.form.getElement('#fabrik_repeat_group_' + groupId + '_added').value,
One more hint on trouble with repeat groups?

I'm sure not JS man enough to be dealing with this any further, so a hint or even a fix from you would be greatly appreciated! Let me know if you need any further information on config, setup, whatever. Thanks!

Attachments

• detail_page_js_error.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 342
There is a slim to zero chance I'll remember to do that. Best to just keep an eye on the git commit messages, either over >>> there, or on our github page, and watch for a message about fixing duplicateGroupsToMin in details view.

-- hugh

Sure, will do.
On the side (pun intended), unfortunately the commit box over >>> here is blank most of the time these days, though... :(

TIA for the future fix, anyway!

That's weird. Somebody else mentioned that, but it always works for me, I've never seen it blank. But hey, that's why github exists, so you can monitor these things yourself.

And if you go check github now, you might find something.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That's weird. Somebody else mentioned that, but it always works for me, I've never seen it blank.
Since a while it's blank almost all the time. Anything in there is the rare exception.

Cool, will check Github later. Thanks again!

Attachments

• blank_github_box.png
    blank_github_box.png
    363.8 KB · Views: 426
I am getting the same error. I just updated from GitHub and I can definitely see the change from your commit. I started debugging the JavaScript and I think it's calling a wrong "getElement" function. Instead of calling the one defined in /components/com_fabrik/models/form.php (which I assume is the right one) it's calling one from Mootools. I am attaching a screenshot. What's the right way to deal with something like this?

Attachments

• mootools_conflict.png
    mootools_conflict.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 115
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back