SQL syntax error for dbjoin multiple, repeat group and repeat minimum

mirceat

Hello,

I have a repeat group with few fields element and a dbjoin element rendered as multiple. There is no validation applied for this element, only for the fields elements.

Every time i submit the form i receive the message:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3".

I think it's related to the dbjoin element and only if is rendered as multiple because the message is gone when i disable this element or when the dbjoin is set as dropdown single option.

A solution is to set "repeat minimum = 0" for this repeated grup, but this will require for the users to press the + button, not ok for me, it have to be visible by default.

Please let me know if there is a solution for this issue.

J 3.9.18, Fabrik 3.9, mysql 8.0.20

Thank you

Hola, yo soy aun un usuario novato, pero he tenido un problema similar y el error lo arroja cuando se introduce un elemento de imagen dentro de un grupo con repetición. Si es éste tu caso, puede solucionarse prescindiendo del elemento imagen en ese grupo repetible.

Thank you, Enrique; when you say an image element do you mean a file upload element? I don't have a file upload element in the repeated group, only few fields and a dbjoin element rendered as multiple.

P.S: i don't speak spanish, sorry, google translate is my friend :)

Is this error with all multiple dbjoins or only with this one?
Do you have something like Data-where or Advanced settings?
Do you get some more infos with Joomla debugging enabled and/or fabrikdebug=1 ?

didn't test it with other multiple dbjoins, have to set a local website for testing after the IT will give me admin rights on my laptop :)

no advanced settings; there is a "where" clause but even without it, the error message still appear;

no more info in debug, i was hoping too that i'll find the culprit

What i found this morning is that this error appear if there is no option selected in the dropdown and the form is submited; in this case, a new record having only id and parent_id is created in the table (contracts_tool_servicii_791_repeat_repeat_dropdown_multiple) created by this element when i choose to be multiple instead of single option.

in the table (contracts_tool_servicii_791_repeat_repeat_dropdown_multiple) created by this element when i choose to be multiple instead of single option.
This is correct.

I can't replicate an issue.
What are your settings: Default? Please select? Enhanced dropdowns?

In my case it's NOT creating a record if no option is selected.

It may be something with your settings or maybe with MySQL 8 (Joomla's recommended is 5.5.3)
So the first thing would be to test with an other (all default) multi dbjoin in a repeat group.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back