Strange behaviour with date element

juuser

Couple of days ago I noticed a strange thing where some of the dates in my list changed to one day earlier. I changed these back and now these are again moved one day back. In my form/list I have these in format Y-m-d. Element settings are default (including store date as utc).

I checked the database value when the date had changed a day earlier and it showed 2019-01-24 20:00:00. As my timezone is UTC+2, it naturally shows 2019-01-24 in my list.

Now, when I change it back to 2019-01-25, record in database shows 2019-01-24 22:00:00, so with my timezone (+2h) it is showing the correct date (2019-01-25).

What could be the reason for this anomaly? I haven't changed any time/timezone related settings in my server or Joomla configuration. And the dates (times) just keep changing two hours backwards.

Are you using the 'date' or (new) 'jdate' element?

Are you displaying the time selector for the date on the form?

-- hugh

Thanks, I'm using the old date element. In this list I have inline editing enabled. I just noticed that the date changes when I edit any element in list using inline editing. Inline editing is not enabled for the element where the date changes.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back