1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

TinyMCE Editor not working for textarea element

Discussion in 'Community' started by sek101079, Jun 18, 2021.

1. sek101079

sek101079 Member

Level: Community
    Hi there,

It seems I have a problem by using TinyMCE Editor in frontend for a textarea element.

The Editor is actually visible on frontend, but I cannot enter any text and the editor is also not showing anything once I switch off the editor, enter any Tag (e. g. <p>This is a test</p>) and switch it then on again. The editor is always empty. I thought there might be any issue with access, but when I logon as super user the issue still appears.

Any idea what the problem could cause?

Many thanks in advance

Sven

2. juuser

juuser Well-Known Member

Any javascript errors on broswer console?

Generally, I have found JCE-editor to be much more reliable.

3. idrive72

idrive72 Member

Hi, I'm having the same problem too. I have a JCE Pro license but the problem seems to be with Fabrik because it also occurs with other editors like TinyMCE. I found that the problem occurs when the textarea element, is in a Pagination group - multi page forms. If I disable Pagination - multi page forms, everything works fine. I also discovered that if I set the group to become repeatable by pressing the + button, the second element works correctly, the third works too and so on. Only the first is blocked and there is no way to make it work. Has anyone encountered this problem?

4. idrive72

idrive72 Member

Small update: setting the default Protostar template, the situation does not change. I'm currently using Gantry's Helium.

Thank you.

5. idrive72

idrive72 Member

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

6. juuser

juuser Well-Known Member

No issues here with JCE Pro 2.9.1, neither with multipage forms or in repeat group. Also using Helix template. Any js errors in browser console?