Update cycle for changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wezetel

I have seen in the changelog on github that the enhanced dropdown is fixed. Not sure if this is the same problem I have seen that enhanced dropdowns are not really enhanced :).
So my general would be, when a new tester version can be expected.
Handling issues on github gave the possibility for users, to test the proposed code changes until a new version was released. This is not the case anymore :-(

Well, so far it's three members of the user community who are - voluntarily - doing pretty much all Fabrik 4 development in their free time. Hence, new versions, currently still betas, are released not on any "cycle", but irregularly: once changes and improvements are deemed significant enough and have been sufficiently tested.
On this basis, of course no firm date for a next release can be given, unfortunately.

The Fabrik 4 Github repo has been taken private, indeed, at least for the time being. The future will tell if it'll be public again or not, or partially - guess we'll all see when it's the time.

I really appreciate the work the three volunteers are doing and I'm happy with the results.
Nonetheless with the move of issue handling from github to this forum, testers now just can test the releases and therefore fixed issues after a release can only be tested by the developers themselves.
Not sure if this can be called 'sufficiently tested' :)

Yes, even though it's been different in the past, currently it's as with many (most?) other softwares, at least for the time being as indicated.
It's still "Open Source" with all files in the package fully accessible by anyone, and there are many folder/file comparison apps out there enabling you to, with only few clicks, evaluate every bit of change in between versions on code level.

Obviously, the devs remain available and open to bug reports and issues, willing to publish critical fixes as quickly as possible while still being able to maintain their regular lives - as we've seen throughout the numerous alpha and beta releases within a fairly short period of time.
Again, it might be unlike the past and not the workflow you're used to with Fabrik since a long time, yet I think it's nothing unusual, and it's beneficial in other aspects, especially when considering the circumstances.

Are you a coder, a dev capable of doing the work the three have been and are doing? Then maybe join their team? Of course, you'd not only be of valuable help for future code improvements, you'd also be closer to the source and pre-release testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back