• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Using the list SUM value in another list

Hello,

Is it possible to collect the SUM value found at the bottom of the list with a database join?

I have a list displaying a SUM grouped by an element of the same list. I would like to have this result reported in another list.

Any idea how I can do that?

A calc element or a php plugin running a SQL SELECT or a MySQL view with a Fabrik list linked to it.

:eek: That is far too complicated for my knowledge of PHP! I will not know where to begin:(

I have tried the following with a calc element, but I got a syntax error

$mydb = JFactory::getDbo();
$query = $mydb->getQuery(true);
$query
->select('SUM(quota_docenti)')
->from($mydb->quoteName('lista_corsi'))
->where($mydb->quoteName('name').' = \'{j25_user___name_raw}\''));
$mydb->setQuery($query);
$sum_total = $mydb->loadResult();
return $sum_total;

Last edited:
Not so bad;). Try
->where($mydb->quoteName('name').' = "{j25_user___name_raw}"'));

Is j25_user___name_raw an element of your form (i.e. your list is linked to the Joomla user table?)

If you have an other list/table with e.g. a user element (set to display the name) I think it must be something like
->where($mydb->quoteName('name').' = "{your-table___your-user-element}"'));

Thank you ;) for directing me to a better solution.

"Is j25_user___name_raw an element of your form (i.e. your list is linked to the Joomla user table?)": the element is database join to the j25_user and named "join_docenti" in the list having the data I need to collect, and "docente_name" in the other list. They are both join elements to the j25_user list.
The calc element where the total should display is named "saldo_scuola."

So I tried the following:

$query
->where($mydb->quoteName('join_docenti').' = "{lista_corsi___join_docenti}"'));
$mydb->setQuery($query);
return $sum_total;

and got a syntax error
0 syntax error, unexpected ')'

{lista_corsi___join_docenti}"')); must be only one )

If I get you description right (and both dbjoins are set up in the recommended way with value=id[recommended], i.e. in list_corsi.join_docenti is storing the userID, not the name) it should be
->where($mydb->quoteName('join_docenti').' = "{your-list-name-of-the-form-you are-in___docente_name_raw}"' );

Thank you. Yes, both the dbjoins are set up in the recommended way
upload_2022-6-28_13-36-2.png
upload_2022-6-28_13-36-39.png

I have tried the following:

$query
->where($mydb->quoteName('join_docenti').' = "{dettagli_degli_docenti___docente_name_raw}"');
$mydb->setQuery($query);
return $sum_total;

and got now this error message: "Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list Stato del conto: <br />"

Use the debug tools:

Enable Fabrikdebug in Fabrik Options, then append &fabrikdebug=1 to your list URL. You should get a more detailed error message.
And/or
Joomla system debug on
and/or
echo $query;exit; to see what you get as query

No idea where list Stato del conto is coming from...

The result is 1054 Unknown column 'quota_docenti' in 'field list'.

Thank you so much. It works perfectly now that I inform the field with the correct name.:):):)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back