validation: not empty plugin label problems

Delerium

Hello again,

Trying to get this plugin to behave properly. I'm currently updated to 3.0.4, as well as being current on github. For the not empty validation, titles seem to be messed up for me. When activated inside an element, the field labels appear as follows:
PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_NOTEMPTY_ERROR_LABEL [textbox]
PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_NOTEMPTY_CONDITION_LABEL [textbox]

Also, in the front-end, the stars have the following property: floatingtitle="<span>PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_NOTEMPTY_LABEL</span>" instead of the text it's supposed to have.

All other validation plugins load and function properly, except "not empty". Also, I can confirm that the files contained in the "not empty" validation plugin are all present, unmodified and current. That includes the language files that I'm assuming it is supposed to be pulling this info from.

I've searched the forum for this problem, and don't notice anyone else mention it, which makes me wonder if somehow my install is messed up. Any thoughts?

Finally fixed this problem, and in case it happens to others, here's what I did to fix it:

1. Re-installed the full 3.0.4 package file in the extension manager.
2. Shut down my web server to make sure no files are locked.
3. Downloaded the newest github, and copied the files into my Joomla directory.
4. Started my web server back up.

After the restart, all the labels returned to their rightful places. I'm guessing that there was some issues with files being locked down when I was updating, so some files ended up being old. I don't think this problem would happen when updating with packages inside joomla, but when you resort to manually copying files as you do with github updates, I think it's important to note that having your web server running at the time may cause files to be locked. (maybe put that info in the update guide?)

if you use an ftp client to place the files it will tell you if a file fails to move.
I've never had to shut down a server to ftp files. I think Joomla recommend that you take the site off line via the global configuration setting though

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back