Will Joomla 4 be supported???

nbradshaw

Will Joomla 4 be supported???

Please don't forward me to an old post about this - I have read them all - but I have not seen any updates as of recent.

Please be honest with the group here - will this project die with J!3 or is there ongoing work for J!4 compatibility?

A straight Yes or No answer is what the community needs right now. If yes, is there a timeline in mind?

If there would be a straight answer in that Yes or No format right now, I'm sure it'd be out there.
Guess more patience is required.

In my opinion the owner of the project is too busy with lectures for wordpress and just doesn't have time for the gold mine she owns.
I am very sorry that this is happening.
However, I would like to share that the in-depth work with Fabrik and its long-term use in various projects will contribute a lot to the development of everyone.
I definitely learned a lot and started using codeigniter (because it was necessary) without any problems.

Many thanks to the author of the product Rob Clayburn, to the wonderful core programmer cheesegrits, and of course to the people who can always be relied on: troester, felixcat, sophist, juuser, lousyfool. Their help is priceless.

Appreciate the comments - I am as hopeful as everyone that a positive update will be coming soon. I do think that the updates are very much lacking from the leadership team - to not have an update in over 15 months is a VERY long time...even if you don't have solid plans - at least provide some incremental updates to the community.

I am really hoping that there is a paid model for this (aka $99/year)- to help the company have a revenue model to continue developing this well into the future.

...to not have an update in over 15 months...
3.10 was in Aug 2021 and you always can update from Github

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Is there any way to find approximate estimate cost of converting Fabrik to J4 ?

If yes, then we might be able to collectively generate fund through donations and hire Expert / Agency for migration.

If I remember correct, Robbie estimated it would take one full time developer a whole year. So lets take roughly 2000 working hours per year and hourly rate for a developer like $50-70 (might be more in US). So its minumum of $100K.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but it's not realistic to collect that kind of money from forum users. Many here have just a hobby or charity project running on Fabrik, so they expect it to be free or very cheap.

I think the funding needs totally different approach, basically something similar as a new sofware startup would have.

Can the Fabrik project be transferred/sold to a commercial entity? I'd be interested in purchasing the project, if that's a possibility.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back