Recent content by chrisyork

1. C

Solved Calc element problem - shows in form view but breaks list view

Spot on!!!!! Thank you. Both for the speed of reply and the good advice! I will bear that in mind for future. VERY much appreciated.
  2. C

Solved Calc element problem - shows in form view but breaks list view

I am going round in circles with a calc element. I have a radio button {repeat___Level} that contains basic, intermediate, advanced, so a user selects which level they want and the calc then shows an 'underlying value' of what is meant by that selection. There are reasons that I don't want to...
  3. C

Cascading dropdown reset on edit feature or bug?

Thanks for the response - I'll assume therefore that it is still a feature. I have worked round it by separating the work flow and using single dropdowns within a repeating group, linked to a preceding form (so the dropdown is rendered read only). It's not quite as 'fluid' as I'd originally...
  4. C

Multiple choice response from multi-select cascading dropdown (a matrix question?)

I'm going round in circles and they are 'ever decreasing' trying to get a 'logical' solution. Because of a problem with the multi-select cascading dropdown reset problem http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/cascading-dropdown-reset-on-edit-feature-or-bug.54308/ I have had to try a...
  5. C

Cascading dropdown reset on edit feature or bug?

I have a cascasing dropdown which is multi-select, based on a previous multi-select (actually a situation I posted about previously, which I have now ALMOST solved - but this problem then breaks the solution!). The issue here is that if I go back to a record and EDIT the first multi-select...
  6. C

Multiple choice response from multi-select cascading dropdown (a matrix question?)

Hi Lorenz, Thanks - that helps me. Actually it's not the solution I'm looking for - I would want to be able to select s/m/l in any or all group (so it would be a multi-select). But sometimes another perspective opens the brain a little, so you have done some good! I think that what I need to...
  7. C

Hi Lorenz, Thanks for your suggestion. Apologies for the delay in responding - busy on another project (I don't mean to appear as if I've ignored your help!) I can't quite visualise what your structured list looks like because I'm not that good enough at 'decoding' and then translating it of...
  8. C

OK, so this is ambitious, I know... I have a cascading dropdown [CDD] that is currently a checklist. It is derived from another checklist [dbjoin], and FANTASTICALLY it 'just works' (i.e. when I click an extra option on the first list, the CDD updates). Nice! This gives me a great way to 'drill...
  9. C

SOLVED:Dependent database join element and/or other calcs hang when adding this calc element to form

Thanks. Again. It seems to be this calc that is causing the problem. I have updated it to use the implode function and it now works. My other calc already used the implode (which you provide as an example in the Wiki). Really appreciate you hunting this one down. So that's double solved!
  10. C

SOLVED:Dependent database join element and/or other calcs hang when adding this calc element to form

Thanks - Not sure if I'm looking at / for the right thing in the browser dev tools, but I get an error when I change the first dbjoin dropdown (and the spinner of doom begins. It is an internal server error 500 on XHR Post (?), and when I look at the Response the error is: o urldecode()...
  11. C

Thanks for the amendment. Like I said, stupid. I think I tried all manner of combinations, but failed to find this one. So that's got the query to work, but it still seems to affect the AJAX databasejoin - spinner of doom if I change the theme (the first dropdown). So maybe there's more to my...
  12. C

I'm trying to find a way to show which items of a list have already been submitted. The idea is to reduce risk/prevent duplicate submissions I wanted to filter the databasejoin element to exclude items that correspond to any already submitted by the user, but that did my head in and I came up...
  13. C

Solved Calc error for php query

Oh... SELF HELP! Change $db->getQuery(true); to $db->createQuery(true); and it works! I misdirected myself by not seeing that getQuery is the problem of $new in the error... Could be worth updating this on the Wiki?
  14. C

Solved Calc error for php query

I have just installed Fabrik 4Z on a fresh Joomla 5 installation (no other components). I'm a bit rusty with Fabrik... I have tried a calc formula with Axaj triggered by a database join element [called link] on the same form, looking to return a row from another table based on the id being...
  15. C

location of temporary responses when saving part-filled forms

FAB! Got a set of data in there. Um, is there a script to reinstate it? I do have a repeat group in there... Or is there a way I can 'go back in' to reload it in the front end? Can I assume the identify of the person who was completing the form (in my capacity as Super User for the site!) and...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back