Recent content by earobins

1. E

buttons unresponsive/not working; TypeError: this.form is null

Friendly bump. Could definitely use some help. Thank you!! Since the form is called from a link, I tried loading it from a menu instead, just to see if it made a difference, even though I really couldn't use it that way for my application. The result was the same. The submit/reset buttons...
  2. E

Sorry...I upgraded from Joomala 1.7 & Fabrik 2.something to Joomla 2.5.18 and Fabrik 3.1 many months ago, but haven't needed some of these Fabrik forms until recently, so I am just starting to look at them. I applied a Github update a couple of weeks ago to get a current version of the software...
  3. E

Using a form for the first time since upgrading to Joomla! 2.5.18 & Fabrik 3.1. I recreated the entries for all dropdown & radio buttons, since they were missing after the upgrade. The form is called from a link in an article and the data for certain fields is passed from that link, so they...
  4. E

placeholder for repeating group element?

Thank you. That worked perfectly for the form I have embedded in an article. I tried it in my email template and it just displayed the field name as shown below (copied from the resulting email, not the template). Before I added the repeatcounter, the email would just display the last...
  5. E

friendly bump.
  6. E

show empty group on change in..

done. thank you. I didn't give backend access, but can if you need it. Thanks! Liz
  7. E

What is the correct way to use a placeholder for repeating group elements within an article? I am using {fabrik view=element table=2 rowid=[rowid] element=tablename_3_repeat___group_presenter_fname repeat counter=X} but this always displays the first occurance of the the repeat group...
  8. E

Friendly bump.
  9. E

Thanks, Rob. It is valid to have 0 copresenters. This code should just go inline in the space provided for the element, correct? I made the replacements and put the code on the drop down element, but then the repeat group didn't display at all. var form = Fabrik.getBlock('form_2')...
  10. E

I have a repeating group with the minimum repeats = 0 & the maximum repeats = 5. Whether or not it is hidden is controlled by a dropdown element called "copresenters." If the copresenters = 0, the repeating group should be hidden. Once the copresenter value changes to anything > 0, I would...
  11. E

php plugin - onbeforeprocess

never mind...I realized what was wrong. If statement should be: if ($copres[0] != $repeatTotals) I have a couple of other questions but will open separate threads.
  12. E

Friendly bump. So frustrated because this seems should be so easy but my php is definitely lacking. I have googled/searched php manual and a book I have don't understand how to set one variable (at least I think that is what the problem is). This running from php plugin...
  13. E

Understood - the echos I was using to debug were actually causing the error. Thanks. I have pulled them - I looked at them enough times to know that the variables have the correct data in them. That took care of the error. Now I am trying to figure out why the code below is always...
  14. E

Thanks, Rob. I think I was already using your alternative solution, but to make sure I understand you - I set the form processing Ajax Validation = No, added the exit, then tried again in both Firefox w/Firebug and Chrome with the dev. tools turned on. The data looked correct. When I took the...
  15. E

I have a form that accepts presenter applications for a conference. It working in Joomla 1.5 for a couple of years and I haven't really looked at it in awhile. I upgraded the site to 2.5.18 and upgraded Fabrik initially to 3.0, then ended up with 3.1, since the github file said it could be...
Back