Recent content by escrime

1. E

Extending a Joomla component

I have now been through the video (many) times and not only have learned loads but also have created a basic custom template that works :) There are some small changes when using Fabrik 3.1, but these are fairly easy to determine and is a good learning exercise anyway. Thanks to everyone who...
  2. E

Thanks I shall have a good look at the details view. I did have a look at that wiki page but missed the significance (I thought that form and list were the only options :oops:). This looks like the answer :cool:
  3. E

Thanks Hugh, I had no idea :) The component I wish to extend allocates an id number to a record (a 'course' in the component). So if I wanted to create a course on 'Using Fabrik' it would allocate create a record with 'id=100' (or whatever...). Without SEF URLs enabled the query string would...
  4. E

Thanks Dale that is really helpful. I did not realise that the query string parameters are still there with SEF URLs, but tht does make sense. I'll turn off the SEF URL to check the query string. Once I can work out how to parse the URL correctly it should work. Regards, Andrew
  5. E

The component does display the current component record in the URL. I did see this URL filter in the wiki, but it appeared to work for a list not an element, which is what confused me. The goal is to display information rather than allow editing. I have spent some time on the presentation of...
  6. E

I am experimenting with Fabrik to use it rather like a CCK but to extend a component rather than a Joomla article. I am making some good progress after watching the videos and completing most of them, but would appreciate some advice. Currently with the component I have to enter repetitive...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back