Recent content by Stranger

1. Stranger

Showing or Hiding a Field Based on Dropdown Choice of another Field

The only thing I can think of is that in the Country table the column "country" is key. I am not sure whether that had an effect on what was going on.
  2. Stranger

I finally figured it out. I post the solution here in case somebody else encountered a similar problem in the future. The problem was exactly what the (typically cryptic) error message said: a duplicate column name. Not in the same table, mind you. I had completely forgotten that I had a...
  3. Stranger

Thank you Hugh. I never actually thought of doing that. Simply trying to "save and exit" after opening the element without even doing any changes to it gives me the same error. So this obviously is a database error not a Fabrik error. And it seems to be just this element: I have tried other...
  4. Stranger

Excuse me. I focused on the latter part of your post. I get this error when going to the JavaScript of my element and trying to save a predefined action, which in this case is: upon event "select" show the field "zip_code" which is defined as hidden by default. When I click "save and exit" I get...
  5. Stranger

From what I understand this is a common error that people get when upgrading to a new Joomla! version. What is recommended in this case is using the database Fix tool which I did, yet the error persists. I have not knowingly altered my database tables in any way, save for adding a Fabrik...
  6. Stranger

Thank you. In principle that should probably work. However, when doing this I am getting error 500 alter structure: Duplicate column name 'country'. I think the problem is that when Fabrik generates the JS code based on the predefined JS actions it is not appending the table name to the column...
  7. Stranger

What I want to do is simple. Based on the choice made on a dropdown field (e.g., country: 1. USA or 2.Canada) I would like to show the relevant address field (zip code for USA or postal code for Canada) and hide the irrelevant one. I researched old posts and I think the following post is the...
  8. Stranger

View Code not Working in Redirect

Just updated from Github and the problem persists, so that hunch was wrong. Anyway, nobody seems to have come across a similar problem or has a solution to it, so I thought I would follow a different approach to trying to find an answer. Has anybody in the community ever tried to protect an...
  9. Stranger

Something just occurred to me. I have installed and always been updating Fabrik using Joomla extensions, not Github. And I know that the Joomla update is not as complete as Github's. Is it possible that a certain missing plugin from the Fabrik installation that I have might be causing this to...
  10. Stranger

Thank you Hugh. Access is set to public, which is the way it probably should be since not all my pages utilizing the content plugin are restricted. Anyway, I tried all other access levels and the problem persists. I have never used the Fabrik Joomla User plugin and I don't know much about it...
  11. Stranger

I have a list embedded into a Joomla! article using simple {fabrik view=list id=1} code which works fine when access level to that article is public. But when I restrict access to a certain user group and use a redirect from the login form to that article, the code shows simply as text (i.e...
  12. Stranger

Error After Updating to Fabrik 3.4

Thank you Hugh for your prompt response. Indeed the function is at the very end of the file as follows: public static function filteredIp() { return filter_var($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], FILTER_VALIDATE_IP) !== false ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] : ''; } } I checked the update time and it was...
  13. Stranger

Error After Updating to Fabrik 3.4

I updated to Fabrik 3.4 using Joomla Extensions>Update and now I get the following error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method FabrikString::filteredIp() in .../public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/ip/ip.php on line 137 Please note that I am running the latest Joomla version (3.4.8). Any help...
  14. Stranger

Problem with fabrik 3.3.1 upgrade

I have Joomla! 3.4.1 but the problem was there since Joomla! 3.4.0. It happened right after I updated to Fabrik 3.3.1 which is the version I still have. I updated using the Extension Manager. I have never updated from Github. The error is the exact same one mentioned by the original poster, but...
  15. Stranger

Problem with fabrik 3.3.1 upgrade

Thank you for posting the answer. I have the same problem but I don't know where to get the "System - Securitycheck" plugin from. It is not showing in my plugin manager so I can publish it, and I can't find it in the Fabrik downloads page. I should probably mention that my Fabrik installation is...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back