Recent content by vaulot

1. V

How do I use a form to filter / search a table?

Filtering of tables Hi I found a workaround which is... using DBQ Here is an example of the combination : Fabrik to use the nice filters ... And when I want to show specific view of my tables use DBQ : In fact using DBQ, I am able to point towards the forms designed under fabriks (click on...
  2. V

Filtering with a form

I set up a form to filter a table (see thread) . - When I submit the form the filter is applied to the rows listed in the table (eg first 50 rows) - But if then I scroll through the table using Next to see the next 50 rows the table becomes unfiltered no matter what the form parameter is set...
  3. V

Yes indeed... the swiss knife analogy is appropriate (and sometimes you cut your fingers). At present there is nothing beating Fabrik... Still think that basic database operations like record navigation and easy filtering of table should be high on the list. I wil report the bug...
  4. V

Filtering of forms... I think the solution outilined is very very clumsy... I just spent the whole afternoon battling with it. The first 50 elements are filtered but as soon as you go to next, no more filters.... It would be great to be able to apply permanent filters to a table so that the...
  5. V

Form navigation

Back to Form navigation Sorry to interrupt this interesting culinary thread... but back to form navigation, I did what Rob suggested ie updated the scroller.js from the 1.0 SVN files (last revised 17:29:57, lundi 14 avril 2008). Still when I am using the provided mint template, only the...
  6. V

Form navigation

Hugh Thanks for the info, this is what I kind of figured out... I could in fact work out something by using the $this->_rowID variable to go from one record to the next but will probably wait for your slution since this seems in the work.
  7. V

Search Mambot

Hi What is the syntax of the new seach Mambot ...
  8. V

Form navigation

Hello I made some progress : For some reason (although I installed 1.5.1 the latest version) the file scroller.js had not been installed in the /form directory. This is now done Navigation works when I use the templates provided (default, bluesky, mint) but I would like to access in the form...
  9. V

Form navigation

Hi Hugh.. Thanks... Can you alert him to get back because I am probably missing something easy to amke it work. Daniel
  10. V

Form navigation

OK I understand but the manual is then misleading... you should state that the option is still not implemented (see p. 4 of the last version !). At any rate this will be a much needed feature.
  11. V

Form navigation

I would like to be able to go from the table view to a form and then once inside the form to be able to navigate from one record to the next (I am in read only). I have set the navigation option to yes in the form, but still I do not have any navigation button appearing (eg using the default...
  12. V

Calculated field

Thanks a lot, this works perfectly and will be most useful. Daniel
  13. V

Calculated field

Thanks Hugh for the answer... In fact I would like to do it on the server once the form is submitted... (I have seen the js answers on the forum but could not find the way to do the change once the form is submitted).
  14. V

Calculated field

Hi I would like to do a very simple thing : compute the product of two fields (called let us say units and price_unit) and put it in a read only field (price_total). I have looked though the forum but could not find a simple step by step answer.... Thanks for the help.
  15. V

form, dropdown box - values from db

Hi Rob Thanks... still I believe this is a very useful option that I use all the time with Access... Daniel
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back