Recent content by wilfy

1. W

form sends email but doesn't always enter data into database

My life has officially been taken over by manually adding submitted forms to the database. i sent you login details and a sql dump of the fabrik tables last month. i have also pm'd you but you haven't replied. does this mean that you haven't looked at the problem or you have and don't know what...
  2. W

Hi Rob this is our setup - we have shared hosting with totalchoicehosting - 2 instances of joomla. one installed in the root of the domain (which is our scout groups' website http://www.1stuphillscouts.co.uk ) and another installed in a folder called funday2007 (...
  3. W

How to disable form fields?

correct me if i'm wrong but on 1.0.2 i thought the permissions were set per form rather than per element. Not sure this is possible in this version Victor
  4. W

hi guys just a thought on this problem that i still have, i'm wondering whether this is to do with cookies/sessions we have axefunday.co.uk setup with framed forwarding. the joomla site fabrik is sitting on is accessed by the public via http://www.axefunday.co.uk but the database and files sit...
  5. W

Showing the sum of a column whilst using the backend

Hi guys I see for each element you can choose to show the sum of each column (also the mean, median etc). When I turn this on this does not affect the backend view. I'm assuming this is because it only works when using the front end template. Is there anyway to do this in the backend view...
  6. W

including variables in the email receipt

i rebuilt my form and it seems to be working fine now... the only difference is all of my fields are lower case. i am definately using the field name ie {your_name} rather than the caption {Your Name}
  7. W

just got back from my trip to liverpool and i have tested the recommendations you suggested on friday Graylan. I have uninstalled fabrik and reinstalled thus deleting all forms, elements and groups. I recreated a form by associating it with the table that was still present in the db. the form...
  8. W

Some rights problems

i had the exact same problem and found the only fix so far is to use firefox to delete the records. see this topic http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=9&topic=113.0
  9. W

hi Graylan I have submitted the form again without logging into the backend at all and still nothing. I have just had a parent submit the form too and her details have not been entered either (i have just received the receipt email). Wilfy
  10. W

hi Graylan i have just filled in the form myself without logging into the backend first and it looks like the problem is still there. As i said i actually didn't realise the problem existed until i received confirmation emails yet the database wasn't being populated. Whenever I filled in the...
  11. W

Thanks for the reply Graylan. As I said I completely appreciate all of everybodys efforts. I myself am far from a php programmer but an experienced IT/Web designer. i will IM you the details
  12. W

displaying form data in thanks & specified email addr messages

just tried it using a component form and i still get blanks where there should be data i'm using 1.0.2 as well
  13. W

displaying form data in thanks & specified email addr messages

keri it will probably be case sensitive rather than all lowercase, especially on unix servers i have this problem too gail. are you using the module? i'm just going to test it on a component form
  14. W

including variables in the email receipt

i'm using 1.0.2. i assumed it would be case sensitive as i'm on a unix host. all case has been checked. I will just see if it works with the component
  15. W

"form.task is null or not an object" error when deleting records in a table

For anybody else that is having this problem, just tested this with Firefox (FF Portable 1.5.0.8) and it allows me to delete records. in IE6 it does not.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back